Chapter 37

"Oh dear god, where are we? This place looks like a thousand years old!" Mal said and looked around.

"Are we sure we're in the same century?" Evie asked.

"Probably. Wait! Quiet!" the purple-haired girl took her sister's hand and they hid behind a box as they heard someone coming. It was a woman - short, maybe in her late twenties, she had purple hair and looked similar to Mal. "This looks like...no, it can't be. Can it?"

Not really paying attention to Mal, Evie's mouth dropped. "M, that's your mom just a few years younger!"

"She looks like her. It's quite possible we came at the time before we were born."

"So, are we at the hideout? Is this how it looked clean? Man, we really suck at cleaning."

"No that's not it. We're still on the isle though." Mal stated. "There's someone else coming!"

The girls assumed it was Hades because he had blue hair. "Look, it's not a big deal. We can fix this." he said.

"Not a big deal?! Hades, you got pregnant my best friend while we were together! Do you even know what you're talking?"

"Look, we were drunk and didn't think about it-" she cut him off.

"I don't want details. The important thing is that it happened."

"Then what do you want me to do?!"

"Go away and never ever think of coming back!"

"I won't do that!"

"Yes, you will." Maleficent said and pushed him and closed the door in his face. She sat on the floor, crying. "Feelings. They're dumb. Ignore them." she kept repeating trying not to sound weak. After a few minutes she got and went somewhere.

"I just saw my parents fight and break up, and my mom being broken for two minutes straight while she was still carrying me. I just officially broke the record for the strangest situation."

"Well, can't argue."

"Now, what thing here gives us a clue what can be a threat for the kingdom eighteen years later?"

"Don't ask me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, from these" Mal explained showing Evie some letters. "I learned my mom had a sister. Judging by the fact she never mentioned anything about her something happened. I still don't know what yet. But they didn't get along." the blue-haired girl had the 'why' look. "Here. Read this." she passed her the letters.

"Die and never return. I hate you. You ruined my life. You evil lunatic. Wow, they really didn't get along."

"Looks like we've got more work to do." the purple-haired girl said and opened another drawer which had even more letters, notes and random papers."

"Why don't we just take them with us. I think your mom won't see the difference."

"Sure...Oh no."

"What?"

"There's this tiny problem...we're at the time when the barrier was still here...And magic doesn't work under it, so..."

"We're stuck here?!"

"Umm...technically yes. If someone doesn't get us out with their magic we are quite stuck here. So...want to read some letters?" Evie sighed and took a few.