Chapter 21

Jay and Lonnie were on their way to Mulan and Li Shang's house. They've been traveling six hours on a bus and the boy had fallen asleep. Lonnie was reading a magazine when she saw a familiar house nearby. She elbowed her boyfriend. "Jay, wake up!"

"What?" he mumbled.

"That over there is my parents' house. We arrived." he gave her a worried look. "Come on, they aren't that scary!"

The couple got out of the bus and started walking to a house. They were only a few meters away and both could smell some fresh baked cookies. "Are you sure about this?" he asked.

"Yes, open the door you're not a baby."

Mulan greeted them and offered some cookies. "They're chocolate ch- Oh my God, Li Lonnie don't you think you have something to tell me?"

"Umm, surprise!" the girl said.

"Okay, I expected you might have a boyfriend. Nice to meet you by the way." Mulan told her daughter and shook Jay's hand. "But this...I...I don't know what to say. I mean, haven't the idea that you might call your parents and at least tell them you're pregnant crossed your mind?" she tried to calm herself down. "At least how far are you along? Twelve weeks?"

 "At least how far are you along? Twelve weeks?"

"Actually, twenty four..."

"You are totally grounded! I mean, if you were living here I would've grounded you." the woman said. "I forgot to ask you, who are your parents?" she asked Jay.

"Oh, I totally think that's not important," he said knowing if he tells the truth it won't be taken really well.

"No no, don't be shy."

"Alright...my dad is Jafar..."

"What?! You really have no idea how big trouble both of you're in. Now, Shang is going to be back in a minute. You put this on and you don't bring the parent theme at all." Mulan told the two and passed Lonnie a big jacket.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The four people had lunch which went quite well, Shang didn't like Jay but he stayed polite. Few hours passed and finally, he asked about Lonnie wearing that jacket. "It's super hot in here, you sure you don't want to take it off?"

"Nah, I'm fine."

"How about we play a game?" Mulan said quickly changing the subject. Her daughter noticed it and felt that actually, it's not right to lie to her dad.

"I can't lie to you," she said and revealed her belly. "Hate me if you want but I'm six months pregnant." Shang's mouth dropped and he got Jay's neck.

"How could you do this?" he said. Lonnie stopped him.

"Can you give us a minute?" her mom asked taking her husband's hand. They went upstairs, however, Lonnie and Jay could hear them. "She's not a little girl anymore!"

"I know, but she'll always be my little girl!"

"That doesn't change the fact she's eighteen and that means she can do whatever she wants!"

"You can't change my mind about this! It's not a good thing!"

"I know, but what can you change? Everything already happened. Just leave them to face the challenge! It's not your life!"

"They hate me." Jay told Lonnie.

"They don't, my dad is always overreacting."

After a few minutes later the older couple got down the stairs. "So, we aren't really glad that it's happening right now but we are going to be proud grandparents." Mulan said and stepped onto her husband's leg. "Right Shang?"

"Yeah, yeah." he mumbled.

"So, are you staying and for how long?"

"Well, we came here to tell you the news mostly and we've got some things to do at home, but it was really nice meeting you." Jay said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"See. They didn't kill you." Lonnie said.

"Yeah, it could've been worse. They even send some cookies." Jay replied and took a bite out of one of them.

"I already can't wait to see them again on Christmas!"

"C-ch-christmas?"

"I'm kidding. Don't worry." he sighed in relief.

"I love you."

"I do too."