Chapter 39

"Okay, dark magic is quite powerful and strong. We need to think a way of defeating it." Mal said.

"Why don't we take the wand? It has the power. It'll be bibbitty bobbitty done." Jay suggested.

"Yeah, Jane can you borrow it from the museum?" Carlos asked. Her eyes were the size of donuts.

"It's technically your mom's, so it won't be even stealing. You can't steal something you own." Evie added.

"You guys are forgetting something. Good and bad magic are opposites-" Jane started.

"If the power level is too high the energy and pressure can make it destroy or damage the surrounding things. If we use that wand in the battle, we can burn Auradon down." Mal finished remembering some of her classes.

"That is so obvious! Why didn't it come to my mind?" Jay said.

"Only you guys took Magic 101 classes." Carlos joined.

"Pointing out the obvious doesn't help us though. Wait, what if I call Doug? He's good at chemistry, he can probably make a potion." Evie asked.

"Look, you have two kids and you're married. I think that's a good reason to call him and tell him you're okay without using the situation." Carlos said. She nodded and took out her phone.

Doug, hey!

Oh my God. This isn't happening. You... you're...

Dead? Yeah, I know. If you don't trust me, you can take me as a ghost. Where are you?

Still at my parents. I don't feel okay with going home without you. It won't feel right.

Okay, listen to me. Go to the quietest room possible.

Sure. What's next?

Evie heard a sound of a door closing.

I'm fine. Alive. I'm with the core four. Everything will be the way it was soon.

It will?

Yeah, I promise. How are the twins?

They eat, sleep and cry. But I can feel they know you're gone.

I miss them. And you.

Someone's coming. Gotta go.

Alright.

*end of call*

"How are you holding up?" Evie asked. "I mean, don't you miss your kids?"

"Well, we can't answer that." Jane and Carlos said.

"I miss Lonnie and Jennifer. But we don't have a choice anymore. I'll see them soon."

"Yeah, I miss Ben and Bella too. I'm trying not to think about it but it's hard. I know for sure next time I run away I'll take Bella with me."

"Seriously?" Evie asked.

"Next time?" Carlos joined.

"It was kind of hypothetically."

"Okay, back to our point." Jay reminded.

"Well, I see only one way of doing it. Using dark magic." Mal stated.

"Mal, that is dangerous." Jane told her

"My mom is the mistress if evil, I think I'll handle a few spells."

"What about us? You mustn't do it alone!" Evie said.

"No E, I dragged you all into this. I'm going to get us out of it."