Chapter 2: Street Chat

"That food was amazing." Justin said rubbing his stomach in satisfaction as we walked out of Betty's restaraunt.

"I told ya." I smiled. I looked up at the sky and it was getting dark.

"Dammit. I wish Madison would've waited." I sighed.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Its getting dark and I have to walk home." I said.

"By yourself?" He asked.

I giggled at his ignorance.

" Well I certainly walked here alone. So yes Justin, I believe that means by myself. I'll um see you around." I smiled and put back in my headphones and began to walk away.

"Selena wait." He said running after me. "Let me walk you."

"No Justin I'm fine."

"No, you're a beautiful girl there are pervs out here who would be more than happy to pick up a girl like you. Especially in those shorts." He said pointing to my short white shorts that matched my red half shirt.

"Okay fine." I smiled and we began walking.

"So tell me about yourself." I said breaking the silence.

"What do you want to know?" Justin asked looking down at the gravel road we were walking on.

"Anything." I said looking over at him, taking in his perfect features.

"I'm 20, I sing, I like spaghetti, my favorite number is 6, favorite colors are blue and purple, I love my cars and my cat, I have a little sister and brother, Jazmyn and Jaxon, my birthday is March 1, I'm a very happy person but I'm not the best person to be around when I'm mad. I love to make people smile, I love kids. I'm not the smartest but I'm not dumb. And I've been told I have a really pretty smile." He said smiling at me.

I flashed a smile back realizing that his smile is so completely perfect...

"What about you?"

"Um I'm 17, I sing also. I love spaghetti so you sir have a best friend for life. My favorite number is 5, my favorite colors are lime green and hot pink. I have no car or cat but my dog Izzy is my life! My older brother is extremely over protective but he has great reasons. I love my mom with everything within me, and I love my dad too but not as much. I've been told I was beautiful twice in my whole life. Thanks." I said smiling at him.

"Only twice?" He asked confused.

"My friends and family are complete assholes." I laughed.

"That is unbelievable." He said sounding shocked. "Selena you are so beautiful I can't believe that guys never tell you that."

"Well thank you Justin." I stopped walking and looked at the house in front of us.

"Well this is my stop. Thanks Justin." I said walking toward my house.

"This is your house?" He asked.

I nodded.

"I live right down the road." Justin smiled with that dashing smile of his.

"Good, that means you'll be taking me everywhere." I smiled.

"Looking forward to it." He giggled.

"Well I'll see you whenever." I smiled.

"Um Selena wait." He said. I turned around and the moonlight hit him perfectly.

"Uh maybe we could hang out tomorrow or something." He said.

"Um, yeah, yeah totally." I said trying not to sound too excited about him wanting to see me again.

"But what if I don't want to walk all the way down the street just for you not to be home. Maybe I could call you or text you and find out."

"Or maybe you could drive one of your cars down here and knock on my door." I laughed.

"Do you know how much gas cost? Oh yeah you don't even have a car." He laughed at his own joke.

"Ow nice comeback. Shade thrown. Well think about that when you're looking for my number." I said and walked into my house.