Chapter 3 - I won't accept him

"Hello, Zhao Yunlan, how have you been?" Emperor Sang asks.

"I've been well and quite nice living in the mortal realm. The humans build new things every day so it's not too boring." Yunlan honestly answers the Emperor.

"That's good to hear but now trouble has occurred." Emperor says in a sad tone.

"Yes, he has already told me about it. By the way, I think you can leave." Yunlan turns to tell Shen Wei who is slightly startle by this.

"Why? Let him stay in case I need him for something." Emperor Sang interrupts before Shen Wei starts to back away and turns to smile at Yunlan.

At this point Yunlan is speechless and decides to drop this matter by ignoring him instead before continuing with the serious discussion.

"I figure that you don't want to go to war with the demons, correct?"

"If it can be avoid ....."

"Then I'll go to the demon realm to get the Demon King's blood but ..... it won't be easy." Yunlan warns. "If I can't get it within the time frame ..... you will need to decide what to do next. War or not, is entirely up to you."

"To frankly speak, I think similarly but I had hope you could propose something else. This is a great burden for you. Is there really no other way to it?" Emperor Sang looks at Yunlan apologetically.

"I'm afraid there's no other way to it."

"Then select a group of warriors to help you in this mission."

"Thank you but I'd rather go alone." Yunlan tells his preference but notice some movement from Shen Wei at the corner of his eye and starts to worry in his mind.

"Zhao Yunlan, you can't possibly do this alone. You entering the demon's den alone is not acceptable for me." Emperor Sang raises his voice of this absurd idea.

"I'll go with Master Zhao." Shen Wei quickly speaks up between the two of them which earns him their full attention. "I truly apologize for my rudeness but I'll go with Master Zhao to the demon realm." Shen Wei reconfirms his intention again.

"Good. Then it's settle. Shen Wei will go with you and that's final." Emperor Sang makes sure to add the last words so that Yunlan cannot refuse.

Don't even mention refuse, Yunlan hasn't even open his mouth when all of it has been agreed without his consent! Then Shen Wei is sent away to inform his family and prepares for the mission. Yunlan could only rubs his temple due to headache as he watches Shen Wei run along out of the Heavenly Hall.

Being the Emperor of heaven is great as he'll know many things including the engagement plan of Zhao Yunlan of the Tiger clan and Shen Wei of the Dragon clan.

How did he know?

Because both fathers came to consult the Emperor on this decision which of course, the Emperor could only agrees as they are fated lover anyway. Well, the Emperor didn't mentioned to anyone about the fated part, he just agree that it couldn't be any more perfect. Even if the fathers didn't pair them up, they'll eventually end up together anyway. Not only that but the Emperor also knows of the issue between the father and rebellious son of the Tiger clan. So he's looking forward to how Yunlan would choose in the end.

"Yunlan, must you defy everything arrange by your father? Even though it is the correct thing?" The Emperor is really curious at this point.

"I don't know but I want to decide things on my own. I don't need someone else to think for me even if he's my father. I'm not a puppet that needs to always follow directions from the puppeteer." Yunlan makes his point clear but didn't entirely answers the question.