Chapter 19 - Yun-----

"Welcome."

The word of greeting comes along with the illumination around the hall that allow the couple to see that they're being surrounded by hundreds of person looking exactly the same. Though the weapons in their hands vary most likely about 10 types.

'This reminds me of Stormtroopers. Did the demons get the idea from the movie? Or is it the other way around?' Yunlan inwardly jokes since Da Qing is not around for him to say it out loud.

"Demon Guo?" Shen Wei is getting curious why he's meeting this lad so often.

"Yes, that's correct." Everyone is saying the same thing at the same time.

Creepy!!!!

"Isn't this King Chu's trick?" Yunlan already has some experience with this technique before during his battle with the Demon King in the 1st war so he's curious how this demon can use it as well.

"No. This power is mine from the beginning. King Chu version is a duplicated one."

"So King Chu's ability is to duplicate other peoples' power?"

"Not exactly, he can only duplicate one. Anyway, mine is the original. That's all you need to know." Guo doesn't want to say anything anymore. Not that it's a secret but it's something embarrassing that Guo doesn't want to think about.

Judging from the attempt to avoid answering and the red shade apparent on the demon's face, Yunlan can pretty much guess that the method to duplicate Guo's power isn't something that he wants to know.

"But King Chu really did a lousy job in duplicating himself. Your puppets are really realistic and in greater number than his." Yunlan has to admit that if he hasn't fought with King Chu and seen this before, it would be hard to believe that these standing in the hall are not real. They're just puppets looking exactly like the original that is mixed among them.

Last time, the rule to end this game is rather simple; catch or kill the puppeteer. In the battle 10,000 years ago, Yunlan is able to identify King Chu from the puppets in short amount of time because his version was not as delicate and refine. One can tell the difference by getting close. However, this time Yunlan is facing the original owner and he hasn't been able to tell if the one in front of him is the real one or not.

"Yunlan, you've fought against these before?" Shen Wei asks in a lower voice.

"Xiao Wei, weren't you also there at the battle? How can you miss this scene? I thought that you're my fan club!"

Even in the face of danger, Yunlan is still able to be his silly self that Shen Wei could only rolls his eyes in disbelief.

"I was there but I arrived late so I was quite far from the scene. And I was sent further away because father fears that I would get in the way."

"Then you should've told me. I could've given you a front row seat."

"Yunlan! I'm being serious."

"Right, right. If it's still the same rule, we'll need to either catch or kill the real Guo that's mixed in this crowd. Although these are puppets, they can still fight like the puppeteer. Therefore, you must be very careful, no need to take the risk."

"Anything else that needs further clarification?" All the Guo in the hall ask at the same time.

"Yeah, one more question." Yunlan looks towards Shen Wei and points at his ear. "How many times did King Chu make love to you?"

No doubt that Yunlan has been observing those that he met so he can really poke where it hurts and cause a reaction from the other person. And poor Guo easily fell into this trap due to his sensitivity on such topic. As a result, he unconsciously tighten his grip and snaps the arrow in his hand.