Chapter 4 - Any Volunteer?

Happy New Year 2020 🎉🎉🎉
Wishing you a year fill with happiness, good health and riches 💖
Love you all 💝
---------------------------

The journey to the demon realm is not a simple one. The normal traveling through the portal cannot be use in both the Nightmare forest and the demon realm. So most of the travel is to be done on foot which is not a problem for them since they're not ordinary beings.

Yunlan uses the portal to get the team as far as the border of the mentioned forest. For normal humans, it's a high bottomless cliff. The myth say that one who falls in would end up in hell. Well, the falling part is not true cause you actually step into a forest but the hell part is different cause you don't really know which demon you would be facing.

However, as already mentioned, Yunlan and the rest aren't ordinary so they could see it as the actual forest and not a cliff like the human's myth. They start walking inside of it one by one. Theoretically Da Qing should be the one right beside Yunlan and the twins together, but the actual fact is far from that. Da Qing is being followed by Ye Zun who still shows great interest in him. As a result, Shen Wei fills in the spot right next to Yunlan and never farther than 3 steps away from him. At this point, Yunlan feels that he has somehow gain another shadow for himself.

After walking farther into the forest, the light from the entrance gets smaller and smaller until darkness is all around them. Yunlan breathe out fire to light the torches for each to use in such dark environment. Even though they can see in the dark but having some light is still better.

The bright sunlight can't penetrate through this dense forest making it impossible for one to distinguish day from night. Yet that's not the only thing indistinguishable. Direction is another issue. Who could possibly tell direction when everything is in darkness. These are some of the reasons why so few made it to the demon realm cause many would endlessly wonder around in the forest. And they couldn't get out the way the came in even if they make markings, it would magically disappear the moment the mark is created.

One other important thing is the demons that lurk around in this dark forest. No one really knows what kind of monster lives here, but probably not something ordinary. Otherwise, how would this place be named as "Nightmare" forest. So you could expect to meet your worst nightmare here.

Despite all the difficulties mentioned, they're not issues for Yunlan. Someone wants him here or at least wants to lead him somewhere as he can see a trail of faint silver dust. It doesn't have any effects on Yunlan as his touches it. However, he finds that he's the only one who can see such dust. The others doesn't to know of its existence. Yet when Yunlan just starts walking, none of them ask for direction nor question his choice. They just follow him without asking anything, so Yunlan doesn't mention this to any of them.

Why not mention it?

Cause he doesn't feel like it, that's all.

The trail may lead to the correct direction or may lure them to a trap, but is there any other better choice?

No.

For Yunlan, he can face anything at this point cause nothing can be more frightening than the beautiful nightmare by his side and never 3 steps away. In Yunlan's current state of mind, no demons is worse than Shen Wei. So anything he meets right now is just a piece of cake.

After walking in the dark forest for quite a long while, they decide to take a short break. Even not seeing anything unusual, they all could feel like being watched and followed. But it hasn't shown itself. Yunlan would just let it be. If it doesn't attack, then he wouldn't attack as well. Avoiding fighting the enemy on their home turf is something that should be consider as common sense.