Chapter 16 - You're no less reckless

Shen Wei has disappear right in front of the demon's eyes. Looking left and right, then turn all around but the demon couldn't find Shen Wei as if he's no longer there. She could only see Yunlan however she's refusing to give up and still search for Shen Wei with no luck.

On the other side of the hall, Yunlan just witnessed Shen Wei's disappearance which seems to have triggered some of his missing memories to flash through his mind.

'Shen Wei, don't show yourself. Just go, go get the Emperor. I'll hold on until you come back.' Yunlan shouts to the Shen Wei who can't be seen while he's being captive by something or rather someone. 'Don't worry Shen Wei, I'll remember you. No matter what happens, I'll still remember you, I promise.'

That's all that Yunlan could recall at this time, but he has to push it to the back of his mind as he needs to focus on the present in case that Shen Wei needs his help. Actually he can just barge in between their fight but something deep in his heart says that Shen Wei wouldn't want that, in which it's not anything new and quite common among the clans as well. So he won't interfere unless it's something that's really lethal.

Now Shen Wei is making his attack. By the time, the demon senses something from above and looks up, Shen Wei is already coming down with his sword almost reaching the demon. Too bad the demon reflex is fast enough to block the attack this close just in time. Shen Wei's movement seems light as a feather which greatly contrasting the amount of force that is exerted onto the sword. When the blades clash, the demon is pushed several inches into the ground and causing a very strong wind to ripple out in every direction even reaching Yunlan who's on the other side of the hall.

The first attack may have been blocked but it's just the beginning. When Shen Wei's feet lightly touch the ground, he flicks his wrist and lowering himself changing the position of his sword to be below the demon's sabre. With the new stance, Shen Wei uses more strength as he takes a step towards the demon pushing the sabre from below. The demon is sent flying away. Upon realizing that it'll crash into the wall, the demon had to stab the sabre into the ground to help slow down itself. Yet the crack on the ground is quite long before finally reaching a full stop.

Since the demon is too occupied with the aftermath of the attack, when she looks up Shen Wei has again disappeared. With the lesson learned, the demon quickly gets on its feet and check above to find nothing. Then the demon checks its left side while Shen Wei suddenly appears on the right. She's able to sense his presence quite quick but it's just always one step behind. This time it's already too late as Shen Wei's punch cuts through the air creating an air compression which violently explodes at the demon.

However, in that split of a second, the demon has summoned snakes of variety of size and types that emerged from the ground and promptly attacks Shen Wei. With such overwhelming numbers, some were able to bite Shen Wei at various spots directly injecting all sorts of poisons into his blood stream. Yet Shen Wei is still determine to finish this fight, so he instantly transform into his dragon form.

Yunlan is gritting his teeth and his knuckles are turning white as he tighten his fists. Seeing Shen Wei getting hurt is something that Yunlan absolutely hate the most. Nevertheless, this is Shen Wei's fight and it's probably about to end. So Yunlan needs to wait just a little more.

The silver dragon soar above shaking off the snakes then breathe out streams of coldness freezing the ground along with everything on it, except for Yunlan, and everything 6 feet under the surface. The demon is using everything its got to protect itself from this deadly attack.

After freezing everything, Shen Wei turns back into his human form and slowly descend to the ground. The moment he lands all those frozen, crack and fall apart. All the snakes that attacked him become chunks of frozen meat just like those being sold at the supermarket.