Chapter 5 - How did it come to this?

After the previous fighting, Yunlan can feel something is changing. Now he can feel that Shen Wei is looking at him more intensely than before (which is already a lot!). This got him thinking if he's done something wrong or something right. Either way it's not what he wants. Yunlan doesn't want Shen Wei to pay attention to him because when he's close, for some unknown reason it's becoming more difficult to push him away. If only he could ask Shen Wei to completely ignore him.

Like that could happen! Right?

On the opposite side, Shen Wei is enjoying this mission very much. He gets to be close and see Yunlan in action. And unlike last time that he could only watch from afar, this time he can even help him with the fights with demons that can come popping up out of nowhere. Moreover, he finally sees the rumored white tiger with his own eyes. At this point, Shen Wei imagines how soft those white furs would feel if he were to hug Yunlan in his tiger form. Just thinking of it already makes his heart beat faster.

'I admire him a lot for a very long long time so it's normal that my heart would beat so fast just being near him.' Shen Wei tells himself inwardly while looking at Yunlan's back in which he's been caught staring many times by the man himself making it hard for Shen Wei to calm his heart.

After traveling for who knows how long, Yunlan notices that Da Qing is exhausted; half of it from the traveling and the other half from having to deal with the teasing Ye Zun. With his heart fill with sympathy for his dear friend, Yunlan calls for a break to replenish their strength. They search for a spot that would be suitable for their rest and easy to flee if anything decides to suddenly attack.

Da Qing looks around for a comfortable spot in which he's knock out cold the moment that he lies down.

"Oh, Da Da is exhausted that he instantly fall asleep? I didn't notice." Ye Zun is surprise at what he saw.

"Well, half of his exhaustion is from your teasing Ye Zun. Remember that he's a mortal being of the mortal realm. He's not as tolerant like us. So lessen the teasing a bit, will you?" Yunlan reminds Ye Zun the situation of our little kitty friend.

"I'll be more careful. Uh ... do we need to take turns to be on guards?" Ye Zun asks as he looks around whether all of them could sleep at the same time.

"We don't need to do that." Shen Wei tells his didi while searching for something in his stoarge space.

"We don't?" Ye Zun asks again making sure that he didn't hear it wrong while Yunlan arch his brow in question as well.

"....... I found it .... " Shen Wei pulls out a small pentagram box from his storage space and shows it to the other 2.

"The Emperor actually gives this to you?" Yunlan asks as he takes the box.

"Yes, he said that it should come in handy for our mission." Shen Wei relays the words that the Emperor told him.

"What is it?" Ye Zun asks as he closely observe the box in Yunlan's hand.

"It's the Emperor's protection barrier. It'll protect the people inside from everything and anything in all directions. So no guarding is require if you're in this barrier." Yunlan explains as he's been inside this barrier a few times.

"Whoa! And the Emperor gave it to gege just like that?" 

"He said that it's the least he can do."

While the twins are talking, Yunlan activate the barrier box and also input his energy into it as well. Then a light blue barrier is form from the box and expands farther out with the radius of about 5 meter.

"You need to input your energy into the barrier as well? I don't remember the Emperor telling me to." Shen Wei asks Yunlan who activate it differently from what the Emperor has told him.