Prologue

(Edited)

"N/N wait up!"
A child Leon said running after the girl.
" Come and get me, Lee!!"
She yelled back, laughing at the boy behind her struggling to keep up.
"When I become champion, I'll be faster and stronger!" He said panting.

Both of you lived in Postwick, and were currently running through route 1 to Wedgehurst.

"In your dreams, ma- OOF." Y/N ended up slamming into someone, managing to bring them down with her.

"Oh my Arceus, I'm incredibly sorry, I wasn't paying attention!" Y/N said offering a hand to the stranger
"It's fine, I wasn't looking either." The stranger who was a boy about your age said accepting your hand.
"W-what did I miss?" Leon said finally catching up to you.
"Well I sorta bumped into someone here."
The boy awkwardly waved at Leon, then faced Y/N.

"I'm Raihan! Nice to meet you!" The boy, who's name was Raihan said flashing a toothy smile.
"I'm Y/N and this is Leon, it's nice to meet you too!"
Y/N replied sending him a similar smile.
"I came from Hammerlocke, and I'm guessing you two are from Wedgehurst?" Raihan said.
"Oh Wedgehurst? Nonono, we were just here to play and all! How 'bout we go over to my house and celebrate us being new mates!"
Leon suggested, pumping his fist in the air
"We're only visiting this area for awhile, but I'll go ask my mom! I'm sure they'll allow it."
Raihan and scurrying off somewhere.

And that was the start of a beautiful friendship.

5 years later
(Y/N is 10 and the boys are 12)

The terrific trio, as the three called themselves, were in Hammerlocke walking side by side their pokemon. Leon with a Charmander, Raihan with a Trapinch, and Y/N with a ralts. Raihan and Leon were talking to each other about the upcoming gym challenge, Y/N walked silently, thinking about something. They boys obviously noticing the weird behavior, asked about it immediately.
"N/N, what's wrong? You're not normally this down and silent." Raihan said wrapping an arm around her shoulder as a friendly gesture.
"Everything is wrong Rai...." Y/N said tears welling up in her eyes.

The trio came to a halt and the two boys surrounded Y/N to make sure no one would witness her cry, in case she got embarrassed.
"Tell us what's up, N/N, maybe we can help."
Leon suggested
"You two can't do anything about it... Because I'm moving... moving to a far away region."
She let out a soft sob
The two boys looked at her in shock.
"W-when?!"
Raihan asked stumbling on his words
"We're taking the last train today.. 9pm."
Y/N said wiping the tears flowing down her face
"It's 5pm!"
Leon exclaimed
"Well then let's make the most out of our time. Shall we?"
Raihan suggested taking Y/N's hand in his
"Y-yeah, let's do it!"
Y/N said grabbing Leon's hand.
They were now in a small friendship circle in the middle of Hammerlocke, not bothered by any passerby.

Y/N left later evening, the two boys were there to bid her farewell. It may have hurt for Y/N, but her leaving hurt both Raihan and Leon the most. Unbeknownst to Y/N, was the fact that both boys were in love with her, and couldn't deny it. They both witnessed the love of their life leave them slowly, not knowing when they would return.
For now, the terrific trio had to become a dynamic duo.

But what would happen if she came back one day..... as a champion?