Chapter 5- Evolution Extravaganza

Ack- Exams are tomorrow, wish me luck!

(Underline - Flashback)

"A little more, Gible! Use Dragon Breath!" Y/N commanded to her Gible who just finished taking down the Vivillon of a very familiar face she encountered in the forest on her way to Anistar City. Vivillon ended up fainting, and Gible ended up being the victor. This familiar face happened to be none other than Viola, who was out taking pictures with her pokemon, far from her hometown, Santalune. "You must have been training Gible extra hard, Y/N. I'm surprised he hasn't evolved yet." Viola said, returning her fainted pokemon. "I think Gible just needs his motivation or determination to evolve, but I'm not rushing him. I'm fine with having an extra powerful Gible when I face the champion." Y/N replied, shrugging. "And why haven't you evolved Kirlia yet? Didn't your mother give you a Dawn stone for him?" Viola added looking at the pokemon that was chasing Y/N Gible around. "I'm waiting for the right moment to evolve Kirlia, I don't want to rush things." Y/N stated, rubbing her Key stone ring nervously. "It's fine if you can't harness the power of Mega Evolution yet, but think about it. A Gallade would be extremely helpful to the team! You would have a good advantage against the eighth gym leader, Wulfric." Viola said reassuringly. "I feel like maybe the right time will be coming in a matter of hours or days, but thanks." Y/N replied to her friend and rival. "No problem! Good luck!" Viola said bidding her a goodbye and walking the opposite direction.

"Kirlia, Gible, let's go." Y/N said calling her pokemon back to her side. "Let's keep walking and training, shall we? Olympia won't be making things easy for us." Y/N added, picking up Gible, and waiting for Kirlia to float up on her shoulder. "Let's do this!" Y/N said hyping up her pokemon, and started walking through the forest.

As Y/N was walking through the forest with her two pokemon, she heard a rustling of leaves from ahead, and she stopped suddenly. "Did you two hear that?" She asked her two pokemon, who nodded in agreement. "Whatever, or whoever you are, come out! I'm not scared." Y/N said with both confidence and nervousness lacing her voice. And at that moment, she heard footsteps approaching. Out from where the noises came from, stepped out two hooded figures with two empty cages respectively. "A Gible and a Kirlia. We can easily profit from that." The first hooded stranger said to their partner. "Indeed, let's make this quick." The other hooded stranger replied. They both pulled out a pokeball from their belts, and out came out a Garbodor and a Pyroar. This was happening in a relatively spacious area, just right for battles. "I won't allow you to steal my partners!" Y/N replied, angered by these two strangers. "Gible let's go! Meowstic you too!" She sent her Gible out, and threw her Meowstic's pokeball up, calling her out. "Kirlia, sit this one out for now." She said placing Kirlia down on the ground, beside her.

"We don't have time for your childish games! Garbodor, use Sludge Bomb on that Gible!" The first hooded stranger said sternly, commanding their pokemon. "Gible dodge it with dig!" Y/N said to Gible. "Let's get this over with immediately. Pyroar use Flamethrower on Meowstic!" The second hooded stranger said commanding his Pyroar to attack. "Use Psychic to dodge as well!" She said with her fists clenched.

Meanwhile in Galar...

"No way!" Raihan said as his Flygon fainted to Leon's Drakloak. "That was uncalled for!" Raihan defended, crossing his arms like a little child. "Uncalled for how? C'mon stop acting like a little child, Raihan. I told you exactly to not try me, but you did." Leon replied smugly. "Dammit, I didn't think you trained THIS much." Raihan complained again. "I already said that I will be the unbeatable champion, remember?" Leon reminded his rival, still proud about his win. "And you said it with so much pride." Raihan added rolling his eyes. "Let's go enter Spikemuth now." He said trying to forget his loss. "Huh, Spikemuth.. I haven't been here in awhile." Leon mumbled. "Same here, the last time we went here was when Y/N introduced us to Piers." Raihan said agreeing to Leon's statement.