Chapter 26 - Our Last Hurrah

So here we are folks. I posted a spoiler in the last tag I did, so y'all probably know what this chapter is going to be about. But just sit back, relax, and enjoy:

(Yeah no light box again)
'Our Last Hurrah'!

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the annual Pokemon League!" Sycamore's voice echoed across the whole stadium(Let's just make Sycamore the announcer, because why not).
"Today we'll having an extraordinary twist on the normal Pokémon league that we're all used to. This will be a battle for the last man/woman/non binary person standing!"
"But first let's put our hands together for Kalos' guardian for the past decade, Ms. Y/N L/N and her partner, Gallade!" Everyone in the stadium started cheering louder for the partners as they sat in their seats, looking out at their perfect view of the battle field. To call Y/N nervous, would be a simple understatement. She was to step down from her position when the final pokemon faints after all.

"Ever expected to be sitting here to watch who will take over your responsibilities?" Y/N asked Gallade as her eyes continued to scan the stadium, not meeting her partner's.
'Gallade Gal, Gal Gallade.' Gallade stated, making
Y/N laugh.
"We did kind of both expect to be champions till death after our fifth year, didn't we?" Y/N replied, now turning to look at her pokemon who turned to face her too.
"Our lives won't be the same after this, so let's live in the moment." Y/N said, placing her hand on Gallade's arm.
'Gal Gallade Gal'
"Partners to the end, bud."

"Now let's introduce the first trainers for the first match of the day!" Sycamore said energetically as the faces of two trainers appeared on the screen. One was a young brown-haired boy, while the other was a familiar boy with black spiky hair. Apparently the black-haired boy's name was Ash, something Y/N learned from text from Sycamore himself(I legit googled for this. I didn't want to rewatch the anime lmao).
"This is gonna be good." Y/N mumbled to herself as she sat back in her seat, amused at the first match of the day.

Y/N's expectations where obviously reached, Ash proving to be tough competition for the next few rounds. Y/N and Gallade were particularly impressed by the transformation of the Greninja, which was no work of Mega Evolution, but by the strong bond. It didn't take long for Y/N to realize the cause of the unique transformation, it was clear that Ash and his Greninja were incredibly close.
"Can you imagine how you would look like if you could transformed like that and had a Mega Evolution?" Y/N asked Gallade, who gave a nod in response.
'Gal Gal.'
"That is true, you would be overpowered if you had both at the same time."
'Gallade Gal Gal.' Gallade blankly stated, making
Y/N smile.
"It has been awhile since you've asked to battle someone specifically. I'll make sure to propose a battle before we return to Galar." Y/N replied, Gallade's eyes shining at his partner's reply. He seemed determined to battle this Greninja one way or another.

(Aight before we continue. I'd like to clarify that I mixed up the timeline and made the battle of Zygarde commence before the pokemon league. So if y'all remember, Greninja and Ash part ways, but in this fanfiction, it's Y/N and Xerneas. So y'all won't see Greninja leaving anytime soon. Remember that this is just fanfiction, and I am just a helpless writer.)

Plenty more worthy opponents came after Ash, each showing different technique and strategy. Even if
Y/N wasn't even meant to battle all of them, she still kept a mental note on some trainers she saw - Two of which she specifically kept a keen eye on was a young green-haired trainer who went by the name, Sawyer, and Alain who she was already familiar with. Anyone could win the coveted title at this point, it was the best competing to become the best of the best.

"I see you have a great view up here." Y/N heard from behind her, but simply kept her eyes on the battle field.
"I can  identify the strategies used in battling, there might some I might want to learn for myself." She replied, now turning to look at the source of the voice, Sycamore. Who else?
"Aren't you supposed to be where the announcer is supposed to be?" Y/N teased as the pokemon professor took the other seat beside her.
"Alexa is currently taking over for me, I thought I'd sit and watch here for now." He replied as he rested his arm on the chair's armrest.
"The view up there is already exceptional, yet you choose to be here with Gallade and I." Y/N stated turning to face the professor.
"It doesn't hurt to be with a familiar face doesn't it?" He replied, acting fake hurt as if Y/N said she didn't want him there.