Chapter 25- Switching Things Up

Owowowowowowowwoow
Guess who's back in the house-
Caw caw amigos! So here's the next chapter and uh, I hope it reaches y'alls standards. Also no light box again lmao.

This is:

"Switching Things Up"

(Underline - Flashback)

Previously on Grow old with You:

"I know we just faced the possible end of the region or world. I'm sorry if I'm coming off as selfish, but it took me a lot of thinking to do what I'll be doing..."

"Dear, Kalos. Thank you for being there for me when I was there for all of you, and I hope you'll do the same despite my actions. But everyone..."

"I'm Stepping Down."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm stepping down." Y/N finished with some tears welling in her eyes.

"I know that most of you might not agree with my decision, but all I ask is that you respect it." Y/N stated with a sad smile.

There was a long silence across the whole crowd.
Y/N cringed as the people and pokemon stared at her blankly. Are they judging me? She asked herself as her hands started trembling in anxiety.

Though her worries were completely washed away when the sounds of clapping erupted from the crowd. Everyone was chanting her name, cheering nice things and thanking her for what she had done for Kalos.

Y/N smiled as she saw the many cheerful faces of the people who were in the crowd. They're fine with me stepping down from the high position. Were some of the words she whispered to herself as more and more people joined in to thank her.

"But Ms. Y/N! Who will take the position as champion then?" Someone from the crowd asked, catching the attention of everyone else, including the now ex-champion.

Y/N thought about it for a moment before answering. This question was going to be asked eventually.
"As you all know, I haven't been here to challenge any trainers vying for the champion position. So I'll be holding the league right here in Lumiose city. Only those with all eight gym badges will be allowed to enter."

"But how will the next champion be determined?"
Another person questioned.
"A battle to the end. Think of it as a 'last man standing' kind of thing." Y/N replied, smiling at the idea.

"So will it be live?" The same person as last time asked.
"Of course! I want everyone to see the talents of the young trainers who will be competing."

"When will it be?" A soft and familiar voice spoke from Y/N's side.
Y/N whipped her head around and saw the face of her mother, who was smiling ear to ear.
Y/N didn't think her mother would attend, so naturally it came off as a surprise.
"In a week's time. This makes room for both training and event preparations." Y/N replied, turning away from her mother to look at the crowd who seemed pleased with the coming events.

"I will be assuming the usual duties as champion till the final battle and the last pokemon faints. Thank you all for coming at my request, and respecting my decision." Y/N stated, her eyes gleaming.