three

Chapter 3:

Autumn's POV:

I don't even know Ruel that well but I felt like I could trust him. He said he's here for me, which was very reassuring and made me want to tell him even more. I should just tell him shouldn't I, it's not like he's going to go around telling everyone. He said he doesn't have any friends apart from Lachie so who would he tell anyways. But I don't know for sure he could just be a really good actor. What's the worst that could happen? We sat down at this park bench that's was near.

"So I'm dating- uh dated this guy called jack..." I kind of choked up a little but he gave me a cute smile as if he was trying to tell me it's ok. "Well, he wasn't the best boyfriend I must admit. He would always ditch me to hang out with his friends and whenever we would be hanging out he would always have to leave all of a sudden. He also would always break up with me; I don't even know how I kept waiting for him. I should have known something was up." I looked down.

"Was he c-cheating on you?" I couldn't even say yes. Tears just started flowing out of my eyes at the thought of all of this and why I stayed with him for so long. I felt Ruel's big arms embrace me in a big, tight but comfortable hug. I couldn't help it I just started crying uncontrollably. It felt good to just let it all out but I also felt like a burden toward Ruel. He didn't deserve all of this shit put on him. "It's ok Autumn; everything's going to be ok."

"I'm sorry." We were still hugging at this point.

"Please don't be sorry, you didn't do anything. It was all that sun of a bitch, jack. He shouldn't have put you through all of his shit. Why didn't you just leave him?" he pulled away from the hug looking in my eyes.

"It's complicated... I-"

"Don't worry, you don't have to say anything if you're not comfortable talking about it." I didn't say anything at first and just embraced him in a tight and loving hug. Wow, he was perfect. But I feel rude for putting all my problems on him. He probably hates me and is just pretending to be nice to me. Honestly, I can't trust any boys now days apart from Finn and Lachie.

"Thank you."

"Anytime."

"Well, we should probably get going to the store," I say and we both chuckle a little bit. We get up and start walking again. We talked a lot and it turns out we have a lot in common! Ruel is such a kind and considerate person. He's just perfect. I can't get my hopes up though because he would never like a worthless piece of shit like me.

We got into the store and bought everything that we needed we arrived back at home. Ruel helped me unpack some things. He then said,

"I should go see what Lachie up to." He smiled.

"Ok" he then started walking away. "wait-"he turned around and ran his hands through his hair which was the hottest thing I've ever seen I swear!

"Yeah?" he still had that cute smile on his face.

"Uhhh, thanks for today," I said nervously not knowing what his response was going to be.

"Of course!" he walked up the stairs smiling. Turned around and smiled at me. I packed away the rest of the groceries and went back up to my room.

Ruel's POV:

I walked up to Lachie's room smiling like an idiot all the way because of the thought of Autumn. She truly was beautiful. I would have spent more time with her but I figured that Lachie would be getting a bit suspicious. I didn't want him thinking I like her or anything.

When I reached Lachie's room, I opened to door to see him sitting on his bed playing on his phone. He didn't even look up from his phone when I entered the room.

"Hey dude, how is she?" He was still looking at his phone acting like he didn't care.

"Yeah, she's fine now."

"That's good, was it just about jack?" I didn't know if she wanted me to tell him or not so I didn't want to say much.

"Uh, yeah." Luckily he didn't say anything he just nodded and went over to turn on his TV so he could play more video games. I didn't really feel like playing right now because all I could think about was Autumn, so I just decided to sit on his bed and go on my phone.

After a couple of hours, we went down and made ourselves some dinner. I hadn't seen Autumn around the house since we were down in the kitchen. When we walked downstairs her bedroom door was open but she wasn't in there. I wanted to know where she was but I didn't bother asking Lachie because he's probably annoyed about how much I'm asking about his little sister. Well, the age gap is only one year so I guess you can't really say little.

-Time skip-

It was now 3 am. Lachie was asleep and I was on the ground. He has a double bed but I mean it would be weird if we slept in the same bed so we both decided that I should just sleep on a mattress on the ground. I woke up randomly. As I said Lachie was asleep. I really needed to go get some water so I made my way down the hall and downstairs. When I walked past Autumn's room
she still wasn't there, I was getting a little worried because she didn't even come and tell Lachie where she was and Lachie didn't seem to care that she was gone. I figured she went to a friend's house or something, I was just hoping that she didn't go to jacks house. I for some reason had a feeling that he would hurt her, not just emotionally but physically too. It's not like I could call her though I don't even have her phone number. There was nothing I could do so I just left it; she seemed smart enough to not get herself in any danger, right?