eighteen

Chapter 18:

Ruel's POV:  

I didn't know what to think. I had never been in love with someone, but I knew that I would always fall in love, I just didn't know it would be with the perfect girl. She was everything I wanted and needed; I was worrying about what she was going to say when I told her that I loved her, but it all turned okay in the end. We pulled away from the kiss and sat down staring out at the city. She was sitting between my legs resting her head on my chest. I didn't think I would ever love someone with this much power and passion.

After a while we got up and drove to Autumn's house. Her parents were out like usual even though her mum doesn't mind me staying over with Autumn. Her mum knows that were a secret and she told us she wouldn't tell Lachie about it which I was very thankful for. We assumed Lachie wouldn't be home, so we decided that I'd just stay the night. We opened the door laughing about something random. We went up to Autumns room and got changed and came back downstairs. I got us a snack while she went and choose something for us to watch.

"What do you want to watch?" she said loud enough for me to hear from the kitchen.

"You can choose." I replied getting some drinking out of the fridge and snacks out of the pantry.

"Good, I'm not watching another scary thing with you like you make me every time." I had now entered the lounge room. I laughed at her comment while she rolled her eyes but eventually laughing along too. Just as I was about to take a seat next to her, we heard someone knock on the door. We shared a confused look and then I went to see who it was. Opened the door when all of a sudden, I got a fist to my face. I stumbled back in pain. I had already gotten punched in the face, so this was even more painful. I fell to the ground closing my eyes in pain. I didn't get to see who was even at the door.

"Ruel?" I heard Autumn yell. She came running over and gasped. I opened my eyes to see her leaning down next to me waiting for me to say someone, so it didn't look like I passed out. She saw my eyes open and sighed in relief. She then stood up. "What to fuck did u do Lachie!" she yells. what Lachie? Why would he do that?

"That's for sneaking around with my sister." Autumn and I looked at each other and her eyes widened greatly. I was just as shocked. Finn must have told him. Great now Lachie is going to hate both of us.

"Lachie you don't understand- "

"No Autumn I do. I understand that you're an awful sister that I wished I didn't have. You have the nerve to sneak around with my so called "best friend" and keep it from me?" Autumn looked shocked those words had come out of his mouth. I now had the power to stand up and Autumn helped me up. "And you," he said pointing at me, "You're so fake. Every single time you came to hang out with me you weren't really here for me."

"No Lachie-"I said trying to stop him from walking upstairs but he just kept walking. I looked at Autumn , she had tears slowly coming from her eyes. I couldn't help but feel bad. I embraced her in a big hug with her head resting against my chest. "You ok?" I said, she just nodded against my chest.

We pulled out of the hug after about 5 minutes. I looked at her and smiled.

"I should probably go home." I said and she frowned.

"No. Lachie can get in the way of us. Who cares what he thinks?" She says proudly. I smile at her.

"He already hates me enough if he sees me in the morning, he'll probably punch me again." Lachie is my best friend and I don't want to hurt him but what Autumn and I have is special and I don't want anything getting in the way of that.

"I don't care you're staying." She states and drags me over back to the couch.

"Fine." I said dragging out the "e"

"How are you feeling? You're going to be covered in even more bruised tomorrow!" she asked as we both sat down on the couch and she got a better look at my face.

"A bit lightheaded but I'm fine."

"Two punches in one night, wow. Troublemaker." She said and we both laughed. I opened my arms for her to cuddle with me. She rested her head on my chest. I kissed the top of her head.

"I love you." She said. It felt so good to hear her saying that to me.

"I love you too." And it felt even better saying it to her.

A/N:
thank you guys so much for 1k reads!!!