thirteen

Chapter 13:

Autumn's POV:

He walks into the bathroom. I was glad that mum didn't care that he was staying the night. It was now around 3:30 am but I wasn't even tired. I was searching through Netflix to find something that Ruel and I could watch, when I heard him come out of the bathroom, I look in his direction to see him standing there just in sweatpants and no shirt. Wow he was hot, what was not to like about him.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." I laugh at his stupid comment. He come and jumps on the bed next to me.

"You're going to break the bed." He gasps.

"Are you calling me fat!?" I punch his softly in the chest and laugh. He laughs to. His laugh was like no other. It made me want to smile. It was the best sound ever. I could look at his smile and laugh all day and still not get sick of it. "What are we going to watch?"

"I was thinking Diary of a wimpy kid? Since its my favourite." He chuckled.

"A classic, I like it."

We were halfway through the movie when I heard some banging out my door. I look at Ruel funny and he does the same. Then all of a sudden, I realise what the noise could be. Lachie! I didn't tell him that Ruel was staying with me for the night. I was anxious to see how he would react to his best friend and his sister. This kind of got me thinking, what are Ruel and I? what does he think we are? Not the time Autumn!. I turn back to Ruel.

"Lachie." We both say in unison.

"Shit, what will he say? He doesn't know you're here." I said to him panicking.

"Wouldn't your mum tell him anyways?" we were whispering so Lachie couldn't hear us.

"Probably but there's a chance she might not!" I was panicking about what to do if he came in here. "Um, here, hide under my bed!" I said as I pushed him under. I was sitting on my bed before Lachie slowly opened the doorknob. He saw me and smiled. I think he was still a little drunk. "Hey, what's up. What are you doing home?" he came and sat on the bed next to me. All I was thinking about was Ruel, what if he saw him? How would he react!? Would he be happy for us or mad at both of us?

"Uh, Emma and I got into a fight."

"Really? So, you're over?" he looked down to his feet, like he was about to cry. I felt bad for him. I pull him into a hug. Even though we sometime fight we always make up somehow, even if we don't say sorry, we just go back to acting like best friends again. I always knew I could trust him with everything. He pulls away from me and looked at the massive bruise on my arm that I've been trying to cover. With makeup, jumper and just everything. I especially didn't want Ruel to see it because he doesn't know what it's from.

"The bruises from Jack still haven't gone yet. How long ago are they from!?" he looks at me concerningly. Great now Ruel knows! I hope he doesn't ask any questions and just forgets about it.

"Uh, a couple of weeks ago. Anyways," I say while covering up the big bruise that was on my arm. "What happened with you and Emma." He sighs.

"Can we talk about it tomorrow? I really need to go get some sleep and I just want to clear my mind from what happened." I nod agreeing we both stand up and I give him one last hug before he walk out and closes the door behind him. I remember that Ruel is still under the bed and I help him get out. He stands up and dusts himself off.

"That was a close one." I say laughing as I sit back down on the bed. He doesn't laugh though he looks really upset. "What?" I say confused at why he was acting weird.

"Why didn't you tell me." He was standing directly in front of me now. I looked up at him.

"What?" I said still confused. He doesn't say anything and looks down at his feet, avoiding eye contact with me. "Ruel? Tell you what?" he sits down next to but was still refusing to make eye contact with me. He let out a small sigh but loud enough for me to hear.

"D-did Jack...hurt you?" he says finally looking me in the eyes, his eyes were glassy. He was on the verge of crying. I lose eye contact with him by looking down. The memories came flooding back. My eyes filled to the brim with tears, to the point where my vision was blurry, and I couldn't see a thing. "Autumn, it's ok. You know you can tell me anything."

"Ruel. Can you just drop it! I don't want to talk about it." I said getting angry. Tears were now flowing out of my eyes like a waterfall now. He doesn't say anything but pulls me into a hug. I started sobbing into his chest. It felt good to juts let it all out. I don't show any emotion when I'm around people and I guess I really just needed to let it all go.

"It's ok, it's alright." He always knew how to make thing better. After a few minutes I pulled away from his arms.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to tell you because the only person that knows is Lachie." I couldn't look at him for some unknown reason. Tears were still flooding from my eyes. He puts his hand on my back.

"I am so sorry Autumn; I had no idea."

"How could you. I tried my best to hide it from you because I thought it would make you not like me or something." He took his hand off my back and grabbed my hand. I looked at him.

"autumn listen, nothing could make me not like you anymore. It wasn't your fault, if you didn't want to tell me because it's too uncomfortable for you to repeat then that's fine! I just want you to know that you can trust me with no matter what problem you have. I'll always be here for you." I smile at him and wipe my tears away.

"I know I can trust you. Thankyou."

"What for?"

"For caring about me and being here for me when I need you." He smiles and the passionately smashes his lip onto mine. We finally fall asleep watching a movie. I was lay in his arms; I had never felt safer.