five

Chapter 5:

autumn's s POV:

I was a little drunk but I wasn't that drunk because I knew everything I was saying and it was walking normally.

"I don't normally drink, just so you know." He nodded.

"I didn't think so."

"It's all just because of the whole jack situation."

"Look I know it's hard for you but don't resort to alcohol if you have any problems, you'll regret it later in life." He kind of got me thinking. Maybe I should just move on from all of this and block jack completely out of my life. He has done some horrible things to me in the past that I can't ever repeat again. Ruel was right, I shouldn't out my life to waste just because of jack, could be missing so many great things.

"What time is it?" I asked him. He grabbed his phone out of his pocket.

"4 am." We both started laughing at how late it was. "We better get some sleep, goodnight Autumn." he got up and started walking out.

"Night Ruel." He smiled and walked away. "Wait!" he turned around and was leaning against the door frame. "Don't wake Lachie up, I don't want him knowing that I went out and got drunk!"

"Trust me I won't wake him up, plus I'm sleeping on the floor so he won't even hear me."

"He's making you sleep on the floor?" he just nodded "What a dickhead." We both laughed i was hesitant at first but said, "You can sleep in here if you want." I instantly regretted saying that after because I knew he didn't want to. if i wasn't tipsy i would have never offered.

"Oh no, it's fine. I'll leave you alone." He smiled but I wanted him to stay.

"No please, I don't really want to be alone right now anyway."

"Ok, if you insist." I laughed. He stood up straight, shut my door behind him and turned off the light. I had a pretty big bed so we could both fit obviously. He came over and slid his t-shirt off and chucked it on the ground, I was blushing a bit because his body was very good if I admit. He then got under the covers alongside me. We both lay there on our backs looking up at the ceiling.

"You know, you're very different from all of Lachie's other friends."

"Really? How so?"

"Well to start off with you're so much nicer and you're not a fuck boy."

"You don't know that for sure yet." I sat up and looked at him confused, he laughed. "I'm kidding!" I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Second of all, you talk to me nicely like I'm my own person and not just Lachie's little sister."

"Well everyone should treat you that way. To me, you seem so much more than just his little sister." Luckily it was dark enough so he couldn't see me blushing like crazy; well at least I hope he couldn't!

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes but it wasn't awkward at all. I started to get really sleepy

"Goodnight Ruel."

"Night autumn." after that my eyes shut and I instantly fell asleep.

Ruel's POV:

-The next morning-

I wake up to my arms wrapped around Autumn's body and her head lying in my chest. I smile to myself; we must have clung onto each other when we were sleeping. I thought about Lachie, I don't know if he would flip out if he found out slept in his sister's bed! I kissed Autumn on the forehead and tried to quietly slip out of the bed without waking her up. I got out of the bed but when I was mid putting on my shirt, I heard a cute little voice.

"Ruel?" I turn around and smile. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. She saw me and smiled. She was still looking as beautiful as ever.

"Morning, I was just going to go back into Lachie's room before he notices I'm gone."

"Oh ok."

"Thanks for letting me stay in here last night, I really appreciate it." She smiles

"Anytime." We both laugh and she gets up off her bed and hugs me! I wasn't expecting it but as soon as my brain caught up with what was going on, I immediately hug back. She lets go and just smiles. She then walks into her bathroom and closes the door behind her. I stand there for a second thinking about everything that has happened in the past 24 hours. I have seen Autumn around school for the past week but I never bothered to go talk to her and now I'm wishing I got to know her sooner because then I would have known what a gorgeous human she is. She's like an angel; ok I will admit I do kind of have a crush on her I guess you could say. I don't know though, I just kind of have a weird feeling shell get back with Jack for some reason, I forget about it and walk back to Lachie's room. To no surprise, he's still sleeping. I've known Lachie for a while now, we first started talking online through gaming and then I found out I was moving here, and I was stooked that when I moved here, I would at least have one friend. There's this kid at school, Finn. He was a complete dick to me but Lachie was good friends with him so I had to act as I liked him in front of Lachie, which was annoying. I wonder if what Autumn thought of him if she thought he was another one of Lachie's lame friends or the opposite. I could obviously see that she was more than a sister to Lachie she was one of the most beautiful human beings I've ever seen!

When I was thinking Lachie woke up.

"Hey, how did u sleep?" he said while sitting up and stretching.

"Really good thanks." He looked at me confusingly which made me confused.

"Really? Wasn't ground uncomfortable at all? "Shit! I forgot that I was supposed to be asleep on the ground all night.

"Oh, it wasn't that comfortable, but it was fine." He just nodded and picked up his phone. He gasped. "What?" he was texting someone.

"Something happened to Emma!" Emma was his girlfriend. I didn't really like her I thought she was a pushover if I'm being honest.

"Oh, what happened?"

"I don't know but I have to go see her." He then jumped out of his bed and pulled a t-shirt over his body. "Are you right to stay here for a bit, I'll be back in an in a few hours depending how bad the situation is."

"Sure, but how are you going to get there?"

"Well I'm going to have to walk; it's not that far anyway. Bye!" he then ran downstairs and heard the front door slam.