nine

Chapter 9:

Autumn's POV:

I walked back to my room after having that little chat; I guess you could call it, with Ruel. His words persuaded me. I was going to go to the party. I figured my friend Rosie would be going or Finn, so I could go with one of them. I would go with Ruel but he would probably be going with Lachie and I didn't want Lachie suspecting anything was going on. One thing I am still trying to work out is what are Ruel and I? I mean I know we only just met but there's an obvious connection between us.

I couldn't decide what to wear. So I called up Finn and asked him to come over. He said he would be over shortly. I throw my phone down on my bed after I ended the call with Finn and started looking through my cupboard to see what I could wear.

Ruel's POV:

It was no 9 o'clock and Lachie and I decided to go down to the lounge before the party, watch some TV and have some drinks. We were talking when I heard Autumn walking down the stairs. She was wearing a little red dress that had tiny flowers on it; she had Nike air force 1 on. Her lightly curled hair was bouncing up and down as she walked down the stairs. She looked gorgeous. It was like everything was in slow motion and it was just us. She looked at me and smile. I wish I was going to the party with her now so no boys would talk to her but I knew probably every boy would because she's so beautiful and anyone would be honoured to have her in their life even just as a friend. She came over to us and stood in front of the TV so we couldn't really see it anymore.

"What?" Lachie said annoyed. She rolled her eyes but was still smiling. '

"What time are you guys leaving and how are you getting there?" I went to answer her but Lachie said something before I could get a word in.

"Were catching an uber and were leaving in about an hour or so, how are you getting there."

"Oh ok, I was going to catch an Uber too. My friend will be over soon so when they come to the door tell them in upstairs!" Lachie just nodded and she got out of the way of him watching TV. He began to focus on the TV again and so did I until I felt a small, soft tap on my shoulder. I turn around knowing who it was. She had a cute little smile plastered on her face. I looked over to Lachie to see him not paying attention so I quickly got up and led autumn into the spare room downstairs. She shut the door behind her and came over to me still smiling. She sat next to me. Our faces were inches apart.

"You're gorgeous," I said faintly she didn't say anything but smile. She smashed her lips onto mine. I deepened the kiss by putting my hand on her waist and pulled her closer to my body. Her hands were tangled through my hair. I didn't want to take it too far because otherwise, I wouldn't be able to control myself. I think she had the same idea because we broke apart at the same time. I smiled at her and she returned it. I stared into her beautiful big eyes. There was something about her that just lit up my whole day. Whenever I would speak to her or even get a quick glimpse of her, she would make my heart pound out of my chest. "What time will you be at the party?"

"Around 10:30."

"I'll wait for you." She nods. I get up and quickly peck her on the lips because I figure that I need to get back before Lachie notices anything that suspicious is going on. After I open the door she follows behind and walks upstairs. I go and sit back down on the couch. Luckily Lachie just thought I went to the toilet or something. We were talking for a bit when the doorbell rang. It must have been Autumn's friend she was talking about.

"Could you get that for me mate?" I nodded and walked to go open the door. I saw a tall, lanky figure standing outside the door waiting. It obviously wasn't a girl so I was a little bit confused. I opened the door slowly, curious to see who was on the other side. I opened the door to see Finn Grayson standing there. His face suddenly slightly turned into a frown but he immediately forced a smile again trying to cover up what he just did.

"Ruel! Sup. What are you doing here?"

"I'm going to the Party with Lachie, I suppose Lachie invited you over?" I wondered why Lachie didn't tell me he invited the biggest Dick in the whole school over. He knows that I don't like him and he doesn't like me for some reason.

"No, I'm here for Autumn actually." He pushes me out of the way and walks to where Lachie is sitting.

"Finn, Good to see you again."

"Hey bro." they do the bro hug thing that every one of us boys does with each other. I was still confused about why he said he was here for Autumn. Does she know about this?

"Where's Autumn." I had to but in.

"Uh- she's up in her room waiting for someone actually."

"And that would be me." What? Why would she invite Finn over? Maybe this is all a misunderstanding and he's just lying. But what if he's not! Stop it Ruel! I'm just overthinking things now. I shouldn't be worrying about this stuff because it's not like I control who autumn hangs out with.

He walks upstairs to Autumn's room, I presume. I sit back down on the couch next to Lachie. I think through what just happened, maybe she doesn't like me. Maybe she's just doing it to make fun of me. But she couldn't be she's the nicest person I've ever met! But still, it could all be a lie even though I feel like I can really trust her. My thought got interrupted by Lachie's voice.

"You ok? You look a bit distracted there," he said letting out a little laugh I smiled and nodded, even though I wasn't ok. I decided to just forget about it and not worry about it anymore; I pushed it aside and was focusing on the night ahead of us.

Lachie and I soon called an Uber. Lachie asked me to go up and ask if Finn and Autumn would want to come with us. I was anxious to go up there and to see them together. The thing is when I really like someone (which is very rarely) I get paranoid about everything, even if they're talking to another boy who's just a friend of theirs and I know that for certain. The thing is I've honestly never even seen Autumn or Finn talk at school so I don't know how close they are. I decided that I'm just going to go in there and not worry about anything and get straight to the point. I walked upstairs taking a deep breath before knocking on the door. I heard them laughing, my heart instantly sunk. The door opened and Autumn stood in front of me. She gave me a warm smile but I just looked down instantly.

"Hey, what's up?" She said knowing that I was upset; I just ignored it and said what I needed to say.

"Um- Lachie wanted to know if you guys wanted to come in the Uber with us, it will be here in about 5 minutes." Autumn frowned. She knew something was up.

"Sure, well come with you guys," Finn said in the back. He was sitting on her bed quietly. I nodded and started to walk away, but Autumn grabbed my wrist before I could get too far.

"Can I talk to you?" I nodded; she looked at Finn behind us. "Alone!" Finn finally realised what she was trying to say and walked out the door. Autumn pulled me into her room and I sat down on her bed. "Are you ok?" I exhaled; I had been holding my breath this entire time.

"I'm fine," I said not making eye contact with her.

"Ruel!" I looked up at her. She had a confused look on her face. "Seriously, what's wrong?"

"Autumn, it's nothing, I told you I'm fine!" I tried not to raise my voice but I'm not sure how well that worked out for me. I walked out of the room and walked downstairs to see Finn and Lachie talking in the kitchen.