sixteen

Chapter 16:

Ruel's POV:

I walk into the house to go find Autumn to talk to her. I look through everyone on the dance floor. I spotted Autumn, but she want alone. Someone was standing there holing her. It was obvious that she wasn't enjoying it. I soon realised that the person forcing themselves onto her was Jack. I knew I needed to help her I could tell how much she didn't want him touching her she was looking around for someone that could help her. I ran over to where they were. He was trying to kiss down her neck. I was too mad to say anything, so I just pushed him off her. Autumn gasped and ran behind me when he was away from her and on the ground. He stood up. I was taller than him, so I assume that I was more intimidating. Everyone was now standing around us now. He punched me in the face. I stumbled back a bit. I was going to fight back when someone pulled my hand leading me out of his sight. My vision was blurry because of the punch so I couldn't really see. They lead me upstairs to the bathroom. When we get up there, I soon realise that it's Autumn. She shuts the door behind her, and I sit on the bench. I rub my eyes so I could now see. She franticly grabs the first aid kit out of the top cupboard. She grabs a cloth and wets it. She walks over to me.

"Tell me if I'm hurting you too much." I nod. She pats it gently over a cut on my face. I breathe out when she puts it on. "Sorry."

"No, no it's fine. Thanks for helping."

"Trust me it's the least I could do. You saved me from getting into a very bad situation. Thank you I really appreciate it." She stops pressing the cloth on my head and smiles it me.

"I hope he didn't hurt you."

"No not really, he hurt you more." We both laugh. "Ok I have to spray this on you, apparently it makes it not get infected. Hold my hand and squeeze it of you need." I smile at how in love I am with her. Wait am I in love with her? We've only known each other for about a month and a half, how could it be love and even if it was, I'm sure she wouldn't love me just yet. Just at that moment I remember what Finn said. I wasn't going to jump straight to conclusion and blame Autumn for something she might not have even said. I trusted her with everything, but for some reason there is a part of me that is unsure if she did say it. It's just I've never had a person who's stuck in my life, everyone ends up leaving so I don't know who to trust anymore. I have to be careful with everyone because anyone could do the unexpected and leave you. I guess the only way to find out if to ask.

"Uh, Autumn?" she was just about to spray this stuff on me but pulled away when I said her name. I looked at her confused face. "Finn told me something when you left to go find Lachie." Her eyebrows furrowed.

"What did he say?" she didn't seem concerned at all. Maybe she didn't say it after all.

"Uh, he... um, said that you 'confessed your love for him today' uh whatever that's supposed to mean. He's not telling the truth, is he?" I realised I was looking down the whole time. I looked up at her face and she looked a little taken back. I suddenly realised that it was a mistake to ever question her.

"What?" I could see that tears started to form in her eyes. It broke my heart.

"Autumn- "I tried to walk closer to her, but she put her hand on her chest to stop me from walking any closer.

"No. you can't even trust your own girlfriend?" she looked hurt, really hurt. I had done something bad.

"No, it's not that I don't trust you. It's just I know you and Finn have been friends for so long, it's obvious that he likes you, I just wanted to be sure." She took her hand off my chest.

"Ruel, I would never. You know that, don't you?" I looked down processing all of this. I guess I took too long because right as I was about to respond she storms out slamming the door in my face. I open it immediately and run after her.

"Autumn, wait!" I say as she runs downstairs. She walks down into the crowd of people who are dancing. I had now suddenly lost her. I was taller than practically everyone, so I looked over the crowd. I couldn't spot her anywhere. I was getting very concerned now. What if she had run into Jack again? What if she's outside alone right now, who knows what kind of creeps could be lurking outside. I try to reach the front door but bump into someone as I do. It was Lachie, thankfully.

"Have you seen Autumn?" I asked yelling over the loud music. He was pretty drunk, as usual.

"Yeah I think she went out the front, she seemed pretty upset for some reason." I sighed and made my was to the front door. I open it to see Autumn standing on the side path on her phone. She looked like she was shivering. I walked closer and soon realised that she was crying. Shit. I have really messed up this time. The last person I wanted to lose was Autumn, she was everything to me. I finally reached to where she was standing. She turned around and looked at me with puffy and blood shot eyes. It killed me to see her like this.

"Hey" I said gently because I assumed, she was still very mad at me. She looked down back at her phone. She was completely ignoring me. I took a deep breathe. I held onto her wrist gently pulling her along with me. She was telling me to let go and asking what I was doing but I didn't answer. We reached my car and I took her over to the passenger seat. I shut the door when she was in there safely, hoping that she wouldn't run out of the car. I went to the drivers seat.

"Ruel! What are you doing!?" she said in a very irritated tone. I didn't answer her and just started driving. I stayed focused on the road and didn't answer her questions. We arrived at the location.