twenty

Chapter 20:

Holly's POV:

I walked back inside after I had just said goodbye to Ruel. I walked over to the kitchen to get some breakfast when Lachie walked downstairs. He didn't even look at me when he came down. He looked in the fridge and I took a seat on the bench. I needed to say something.

"Lachie, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"So, you kept it from me? Yep sure sounds like you didn't mean to hurt me."

"I only did it so you wouldn't hate me."

"Well that backfired didn't it?" he now turned around to look at me.

"Oh, come on, you can't be angry at me forever! You're my brother, you're meant to be love me no matter what!"

"What's your point." He rolled his eyes.

"I just want you to forgive me and be happy for me. I've finally found happiness in a relationship and I don't want it to be taken away just because my brother doesn't approve of it!" I said now standing and kind of yelling. He looked down as if he felt guilty.

"I don't want you to be unhappy and I'm glad you've found someone you can connect with, but I just hate that you had to do it behind my back thinking that I would stop you two." Looking up again.

"You wouldn't stop us?" I said.

"Not if you both really like each other and are both happy."

"Then why were you so angry with Ruel?"

"Well because he's my best friend and I just thought that maybe he wasn't actually my friend and was just trying to get closer with you."

"No way he didn't want to tell anyone because he didn't want you to think that! He would never want to do anything to upset you."

"Really?" he said realising things. I nod. "Shit."

"Maybe you should clear things up with him?" he nodded and gave me a hug.

"I'm sorry Holly."

"I'm sorry too." We pulled away and smiled at each other and then he ran upstairs to talk call Ruel I'm presuming.

I grabbed something to eat and walked back up to my room. I was watching a tv show when my phone started ringing. As soon as I saw it was Ruel my face lit up. I answered the phone.

Ruel's POV:

~phone call~

"Helloooo." I said happily

"Why are you so happy?" she said laughing.

"Aren't I allowed to be happy without a reason?" I could tell she was rolling her eyes even though she didn't say anything. "Ok, Lachie and I are all good now."

"That's great! He apologised to me too." I smiled.

"Finally. We don't have to keep us a secret anymore, I can finally show you off!" she laughed.

"Okay I better go."

"Me too, bye. I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Bye!" she said and hung up the phone.

~End of phone call~

I sat the phone down and smiled. I was so in awe of Holly, of anything she did. Even hearing her voice made me happy.