fourteen

Chapter 14:

Ruel's POV:

I woke up with Autumn in my arms. She was everything. I couldn't think of one flaw that came from her. I looked at my phone to check the time it was 7am. Lachie wakes up very late so if I go now, he won't catch me. But I really didn't want to wake up Autumn. I got out of the bed without her waking up. I out my clothes on and walked out the door I made it to the front door and outside the house. I called an Uber and went home. I decided to leave Autumn a text, saying that I left early and didn't want to wake her up, in case she wakes up and freaks out that I'm gone.

I got home and I was already missing Autumn. It was school tomorrow though, so I get to see her again.

Autumn's POV:

I woke up and Ruel wasn't there. I checked my phone to find a text message form him explaining that he had to leave early and he'll see me tomorrow at school. I was so happy that I had him in my life. I got up and went on with the rest of my day.

~the next day~

It school again. I was kind of excited only because I get to see Ruel. Our mum and dad were home for a week and then they were going to Brazil for another business trip. So, we were going to be alone again, nothing were not used to though. We arrive at school. We go our separate ways. We have first period and then It was recess. I was walking down the halls when all of a sudden, a long arm pulls me into a classroom that was empty. I turn around to face Ruel. He smiled down at me and pulls me close, kidding me softly and slowly. He pulls away.

"I need to ask you something." I nod.

"Autumn, I know we haven't been talking for very long, but I really like you and I mean you feel the same way, right?" he looked down at me nervously.

"Of course, I do!" I smile at him and he does the same.

"I... uh... was kind of wondering if you would be my... girlfriend?" he said rubbing the back of my neck, waiting for my response. I smiled brightly as those words came out of his mouth.

"Yes! I wouldn't want anything more than that!" he smiled and pulls me into a hug.

"But we are going to have to keep it a secret if we want to keep this relationship." He said looking at me.

"Yeah, you're right. We can't make it obvious when were around people." He nods and we both laugh.

Autumn's POV:

We went on for the next month pretending we weren't a couple. I don't think anyone suspected anything, especially Lachie which was good because he was the number one person we couldn't let find out because we were scared of his reaction and if he would let us keep going on. He would probably hate me, and I can't lose my best friend and brother. Ruel had said that a couple of times Lachie had said something about us two being together and that we were the "perfect couple." But he wasn't meaning it as in he knows we are something more than friends, thankfully.

This weekend there was a party being held at Finns beach house. I had to hold back telling him and Rosie about me and Ruel. The beach house was only about a 40-minute drive there. Finn had already picked me up and drove me down there since Lachie and Ruel were going with a bunch of their friends and Ruel couldn't really say that he was going with someone else so he kind of had to go with them.

When Finn and I got to the beach house we immediately started setting up for tonight. After an hour or so we had finally finished.

"Finally, tonight's going to be so much fun."

"Yeah. So, Autumn, how's your love life going?" he said raising his eyebrow at me. Shit. Does he know? Or is he just asking because he's curious?

"Uh, yeah ok I guess, what about yours?" I say taking in a big gulp. He scooted over closer to me, as we were sitting on the couch.

"Better if I had someone like you in it." He said touching my cheek. It made me feel super uncomfortable. I pushed his hand away. I was with Ruel and nothing was going to change that.

"What? Finn, what the fuck? You're joking right?" I said standing up to get away from him. He stands up touching my waist. "Get away from me." I said pushing him away and I ran upstairs. I was so confused right now. He's my best friend. Why would he do that? I hear him knocking at the door. "Go away!" I scream. He slowly opens the door.

"Autumn, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I'm just lonely and desperate, you were my only option." I roll my eyes. After everything we've been through and are going to go through, he'll always be my best friend. I smile and give him a hug. The doorbell rung and we both walk down to answer it.