Chapter 6

I. Am. Astounded.

That's some amazing start to this family meeting, papa.

Usually when modern people say the word 'kill', it's just a way to scare others. Like a repellent against annoying people.

But it's quite frightening when you are in the medieval Europe settings, where the word 'kill' can become a reality. Additionally, magic exists here. Which is more efficient for people to carry out assassination. How dreadful.

I'm pretty sure my father would be talking about my engagement so how did it started like this?

"Why you're still letting the king lives?" The older twin, Elgifridt propped his head with his hand rested on the armchair. "Wasn't it because you're trying to retain the natural order in the country?"

Aldryth hummed in question. "I thought he was preserving his humanity?" He asked, meeting eyes with his twin.

"Was it?" The two of them asked in unison, directing their gazes to father.

....Ba-Kyun~!!!

Cuteness OVERLOAD!!! I repeat, CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!! If you ignore their bone-chilling remarks, that is!

This twins. This identical twins. Did you two tilted your heads cutely on purpose!? What is your purpose!? Whatever it is please just let me stay sane during this meeting!

...Somehow, my maiden heart is telling me that I'd be suffering a lot today. In refraining myself from fangirling. And from retorting (tsukkomi-ing).

"That is measly my reasons," my father changed his sitting posture before continuing. "It is not enough to prevent me from killing him nowadays..." He stated.

Is it now!?

"The reason why I didn't kill him, lies in the presence of the Court Mage"
My father solemnly declared.

So another existence is being thrown into the reason now!? That's quite interesting!? I wonder who is it that manage to stop 'The Blizzard Forthcoming' deadly AOE skill from the rumored 'Cold-hearted Prime Sinister'.

Yes, it's 'Sinister'. And not 'Minister'.

"Oh?" Elgifridt voiced out his surprise.

"That is quite troublesome indeed." Aldryth expressed his thoughts.

Sometimes when twins talk-- Or maybe it's just my brothers-- Just why is it that they tend to carry on with their speech interchangeably. It's a very... twin-ish trait in anime usually.

Not that I mind though☆

...Wait.

Does that mean, there's a possibility that I'm actually in an anime instead!? Not an otome game nor a light novel, but anime!? A medieval Europe themed anime!?

No.......!!! I don't want it! There's a tad difference between otome game and an anime. Well, one is a video and one is a game. As for light novels... Some anime are related to them so no comment but...

Otome game!!! My ikemen!!! Well anime do have ikemen but, BUT!!!!

...I guess it's just my preference. Let's not debate any longer. I just prefer otome game. Yes, let's not make it any more complicated than this.

And while I was suddenly strike with the new possibility that I never want to happen, a crisp voice magnificently brought me back to my current state of affairs.

"Aah..... I want to kill him....."

I almost choked on my tea. I could feel blood rushing to my cheeks in a split second, my face feeling hot. There's nothing to deny. I'm blushing. Extremely so.