Chapter 12

This encounter with ikemen-san evoked a sense of déjà vu of our first meeting.

Somehow, his appearance today feels a bit different from last time. He's still as handsome as an ikemen, and as ethereal as he was then, but it felt off.

Is it because he's wearing a hood today?

His back was facing the sun, thus, blocking the light from coming my way. His image appeared dark in contrast to his glowing cyan eyes under the hood.

It's in the morning and he was clad in black from head to toes, simply standing out in the bright surrounding, yet still blending in.

This confusing sight really made me doubted my eyes. The colour black was catching on the eyes but it is blending in with the light?

Various thoughts flashed through my head in the confusion. In the end, I decided to abandon the question and let nature take its course.

So that left only one question unanswered.

Ikemen-san. How did you enter the estate?

Hm?

No! No, it's not that I don't welcome him or what but, you see...

Our (Volmilarg's) domain is always shielded with a barrier to prevent sudden attacks from enemies and also, intruders.

In the case that guests are here, the shadows will tell each member of the family of their presence.

The case here is that, I was met with this stunningly handsome ikemen-san without news! Even if he is handsome, I have conscience, OK!? I still have my own sense of danger!

I gulped quietly and silently turned around.

If you are wondering why am I turning around when ikemen-san is right in front of me, I will tell you that this is not a horror story. I hope so.

Obviously, I am searching for our family's super capable Shadow Retainers! So why are you guys standing so far away in battle stances! We are about 10 meters away and you guys are just going to stay there?

Just how are you guys supposed to protect me from there?!

Even if I am confident for there is no so-called murderous intent or whatsoever that he might not hurt me, but HEY! I am disappointed in you guys! At the very least, give me a signal or signs on what should I do.

For you smart people thinking why don't they use telepathy, I will generously tell you guys that, that seemingly simple magic is actually defined as high-leveled space magic and not anyone can do it. And for our shadows, not everyone can use magic, so that's another problem.

In the end, is ikemen-san dangerous or not?! Give me a heads-up, come on!

I remained calm since people shouldn't lose their cool in perilous situation but seeing you shadows like this made me feel like everything is for naught! Mou~ I don't know anymore!

"What's wrong?"

I flinched unceremoniously before abruptly turned to face ikemen-san.

I didn't know what kind of expression was on my face but it definitely wasn't anything good.

It might be so terrible that ikemen-san tilted his head before asking the familiar question. "Are you now, afraid of me?"

He asked that question lightly, but I really couldn't calm down the tremor in my heart. I unconsciously inched backwards.

Yes, I do like ikemen. I can testify that. But I'm really scared.

If you compare the modern society and the era I'm in right now, then the difference is too vast, obviously in the matter of my own safety.