Chapter 17

Maridis Seleq Volmilarg's POV

...

He held a sword in his hand. Brandishing it against the enemy (the pitiful door), he took on a fighting stance.  Rendering his enemy (door) into admitting defeat (broken pieces), the sword finally returned to rest, laying quietly in its own sheath.

Breathe, Maridis Seleq Volmilarg! BREATHE ME!

Even if this is purely me fangirling over nonsensical stuffs here (by modifying the scene where Silen cut the door as if it's the climax of the story), I allow it!

KYAAAAAAHhhhhh!!!!!

Silen is so cool! So handsome! So OP! That slightly evil smirk at the end is foul! Truly an ikemen!

That lighting! That momentum! Open some exciting music in the background, it would be more epic!

Remind me that this is merely the door to the throne room but who cares!? It's not as if he won a battle against the enemy general but so what!?

IKEMEN BANZAI~☆

Whatever they do, it's A-OK!

Ehem! Although nobody ask, I shall gladly explain a few things.

Here we have a situation where Silen easily cut a heavy, metal door with a sword into thousand pieces. In normal case, this is impossible without the involvement of magic.

However, Silen can't use magic. If it is said that Silen had achieved such a feat with his own strength, it is--- well, not entirely impossible but--- let's just say, it should be impossible. So in this case, the only variable is the sword.

The sword Silen had used is a Mythical Weapon.

Unlike a Magic Weapon which is made using magic, a Mythical Weapon can only be founded. Their existence are rarer than the Spirits. It's not wrong to say that everyone yearns for them, be it for whatever reason they have.

In the whole empire, the people who own a Mythical Weapon can be counted in two digits. The people who can wield them can be counted on two hands. And the people who own both the Mythical Weapon and its Sheath can only be counted on one hand.

Yes. Just because you own it, doesn't mean you can use it. The Mythical Weapon seems to have its own will, choosing its own owner. There were cases where, someone else found the weapon, but it ended up in someone else's hands. What a willful weapon, as if they have a soul of their own.

As for the Sheath, it is a pair with the Mythical Weapon. When both are found, more power can be unleashed apparently. Although the name is sheath, they are not necessarily a weapon's case. Just like how there are many types of weapon, there are also different shapes of Sheath for each Mythical Weapon.

The question is, can someone who can't harness magic use a Mythical Weapon. Well, why not?

And YES. Silen is one of those few who found both the Weapon and its Sheath and can also wield the Weapon.

Now that I put my thoughts together, I realized that my surroundings are full of overpowered characters.

Take Silen for example. Or Papa, for another example.

...

Returning to the scene.

The door has broken, leaving the entrance wide open. Just a glance and you could still catch the sight of all the people in the room all with their jaws dropped.

Among them, a hot-headed, middle-aged nobleman whose name I've already deleted from my memory, was the first one to react. He raised his hand and pointed a finger towards us before he stuttered.