Chapter 10

"I never think of you as my foe."
The Wizard stated, putting on his fallen hood.

"Neither do I think of you as my ally."
His cyan eyes stared at me. And for no apparent reason, I started to shiver. His tone was cold enough to feel a blizzard coming.

Indeed, it made me want to laugh how those geezers nicknamed me the "Ice Prime Minister". I thought it fit me so too at first. But now, I really feel unqualified.

Not only a blizzard. A storm is coming.

"However." He halted.

Somehow the timing of that pause is quite frightening.

"I hate it when people goes against my wish."

The air trembled. The ground shaken. And surely, the atmosphere was tense. Or was it just my imagination...?

"Stop this useless war."
A demand. No, an order. There's no way to refute his words, rather, he won't allow it. Else, death shall find its way to you.

His aura was overwhelming. Be it his disposition or his presence, it was the first and the last in the world. The only.

He stood with dignity and spoke with certainty. His voice never quivered and his will never wavered. When he demanded the cease of the war-- For a moment, I had wanted to grant it. Without thinking of the consequences and without any real reasons, I just wanted to grant his wish. As long as he's pleased. That kind of longing--- It made me realized.

The bearer of magic, we call him Wizard. Wizard of ultimate obliteration, the Wizard of Decimation.

But the feeling I had of him was different. From the very start it was different. I thought he was beautiful, and indeed beautiful he was. But again, the undescribable feeling that I perceived, was not only because of his appearance.

Crowned a platinum blonde coloured hair and his eyes were adorned with the colour cyan. His skin translucent as if no blood flowed through it.

The scene of that gallant figure of his amongst the enemies etched in my memory. It burned in my mind. And was carved in my heart.

He condemned no one and judged evenly. No hesitant in his decision and no objection to his opinion. He walked the path leading the victory.

No.

That is no Wizard.

That's a King.

The one who rules others.

The one that everyone will admire from the deepest of their hearts.

And the one that the knights shall devote themselves wholeheartedly to.

It was admiration.

What I felt back then was admiration for him. He, who has the qualities befitting of a king.

I want to be his knight.

Unfortunate it is though. The admiration I discerned for him weight lesser than the fear I felt towards him.

He can kill people mercilessly, while still possessing a noble heart. It is a good thing, except this is a battlefield. Will we live on for another day? It scared me, that we might die.

We, knights have the determination to sacrifice ourselves for the kingdom. It is our vow, but dying by the hands of the Wizard is a different story.

I need to return, I promised Latis. And our children. It won't be good if they forgot that I'm their father too. Us family still haven't spend much time together. Why, the children can't even speak properly yet. I have the duty to watch them grow.