Chapter 10.6

There are differences between an aide and a butler. As what you would expect from the word itself, an aide will assists in works, be it upfront or behind-the-scene. They collect informations and help in the proceeding of your workloads. Yes, simply said, an assistant. Why do they bother in using the word aide, don't ask me.

On the other hand, a butler's main job is usually cleaning the estate, serving the meals, running an errand and so forth. A personal butler takes care of the daily needs and manage your health. Occasionally, with your own permission, they can help a bit with the management within the estate.

Basically, a caretaker. A babysitter. Whatever suits you.

But that's all. Butler is male servant. It is obvious that the way they are treated is unlike an aide. An aide, after all, assists by directly involving themselves in your affairs.

Therefore, at the very least, nobles would have two person by their side, excluding bodyguards.

But there are exceptions you see... There are some people who are diligent enough to master both the capabilities of an aide and a butler. The so-called hitting two birds with one stone? I doubt that's how you use the proverb though.

And one of the examples just happen to be the Arlamias.

Yes, like this guy in front of me.

Syris Arlamia.

You can probably guess from his name that he's Silen's brother.

...Tch.

"...I have an appointment with the King. So please don't hinder our way." I said, emphasizing a certain word.

"Yes, I know." He covered his yawn before continuing. "The deal was of you 'sending the documents in the earliest of morning before the dawn even break."

"...And that's it." I concluded. "You should return to sleep."

It's been a few minutes but this guy's frequent yawn is bothering me. Maybe as a fellow comrade who suffers lack of sleep due to works, I empathized with him regardless anything else. And probably my father's instinct is kicking in since this guy's way younger than me.

"True. 'Cause of you, my precious sleep hour is wasted." He rubbed his eyes. "But now I'm already awake."

He briefly tidied up his appearance. The shirt was buttoned up properly and his hair was combed through with his hand. The previously unkempt man transformed into a dashing young man. If you ignore the gloomy look on his face, that is.

"I'm just giving you an advise." He shot me a glance before closing his eyes. "Prime Minister, sir. You should show more respect to the King. Our era right now, prefers a knight who honor their king."

"I didn't pledge any oath. So I'm not his knight by rule." I shrugged.
"I didn't realize you are so dedicated to your King--"

"He is not my king." Syris cut my sentence short. He looked at me with a cold smile.
"King Harlott is not my king." This time, he enunciated each words one by one.

...Right. A mistake on my part.

The Household of Arlamia is not from Diaphthram Kingdom. They originated from the Grand Kingdom, Gracen. Because of their family members that are talented as an aide and a butler simultaneously, many people specifically requested for them. The whole empire requested for them, you could say.