Chapter 13

The room was silent amidst the bright surrounding. Only the quiet sound of writing could be heard from time to time. Occasionally, breeze would come in through the opened window, adding a sense of tranquility in the room.

The man behind the desk was busying himself with work despite having not slept last night. Perhaps he was in a good mood having achieved what he wanted. As evidence, the usually called "Frozen Study of Ice Prime Minister" didn't emit that tingling, bone-chilling frostiness that day.

Indeed, it is none other than Duke Volmilarg, Dilion himself.

The other person in the room was also very quiet. He just stood beside his master, in a posture very befitting of a butler. Perhaps he has been standing like that without moving since his master started working. Who knows.

He had done his part of the job he was entrusted, so he's been awaiting for the next order. But it seems he won't be getting any work soon as his master is in a very good mood.

Indeed, it is the aide of Duke Volmilarg, Silen, he is.

The atmosphere was still but it was not awkward. Until Silen suddenly knelt beside Dilion in a solemn manner. His voice was unchanged and not deliberately lowered, yet mysteriously, even if people was in the vicinity, they won't know he had said something.

"...Master. The Shadows are asking for an audience."

His motion of writing did not stop. Dilion kept writing as if he did not hear anything. In fact, he was ignoring what he heard. This revealed one thing about Dilion. That is, he is a cold-hearted person even with his own personnel.

Knowing what his personality was like, Silen had to add a few more words.

"It's the young lady's Shadows."

The writing abruptly stopped. He thought for a second before continuing to write. His voice was monotone as he answered.

"Say it, then."

Out of nowhere, a figure appeared in front of them, kneeling on one knee. Covered in black from head-to-toe, the necklace with a special emblem hanging down from his neck instantly revealed his identity. He was one of the Shadows. With his head down, he opened his mouth.

However, before even a word could come out, Dilion stated in monotone.

"Summarize everything in three words."

The scene gone quiet, once again recovered its original silence. A moment passed, before the Shadow reported.

"Wizard was here." He said, slowly. The three words report was very short yet concise.

This time, Dilion's action completely halted. He carefully put away the quill pen before looking up, his eyes slightly unfocused. It took him a whole minute to accept the reality compared to his normal speed.

No matter how he twisted and turned his thoughts and memories, he really can't pieced together why the Wizard was here or why the Wizard was here or why the Wizard was here.

So, why the Wizard was here?

This question was a mystery.

It can't be because we were talking about him this morning right? We don't even know if it's truly him. Is it a taboo to talk about him behind his back? But then, I think only I know him, so why bother Maridis??

...Doesn't that mean the person last night was him?

......Heavens.

***

The day flashed by and it was already the next morning before I knew it.

And for your information, I also slept peacefully last night without a lullaby! Silen was on stand-by in case I couldn't fall asleep, but I slept like a baby.