Chapter 10.5

"W-Wait a moment Lady Maridis!" The King exclaimed.

...What?

"Please, Lady Maridis. He is but a child. Please forgive him and his ridiculous remarks. I will be sure to re-educate him. As for the matter of annulment... Pay it no heed." Still sitting on throne, the King hurriedly explained to my daughter.

Huh...? The prince, a child...? Then how old do you think my daughter is?

Hey. Isn't it enough that your son had humiliated her on this eventful day?

Where there are lots of people and invited guests from the neighbouring countries? When everyone's attention was shifted to my sole daughter, who stood there alone? In which countless unnamed people began to gossip around without bothering to cover it up, be it children or adults?

So what are you doing, stopping her from leaving this suffocating place?

The nerves.

The nerves.

The floor had become ice. I knew that. The temperature was extremely low. I felt that. And my mood is surely nothing but good. That, I am.

"How shameful, or should I say foolish, my King?" I restrained my voice from shouting, but the tone gave out my true feelings of being annoyed.

"P-Pardon?" Shaken up just by that sentence, how are you a monarch?

Ugh, no. No. I need to stop finding faults with him. He is still a King of the country I was born in. Respect, although low, must be there. I need to stay calm. Prime minister I am, duties I have.

Even so...

"The one who broke the engagement first is the third prince, and Maridis complied. Not only did he broke the engagement one-sidedly, he even insulted my precious daughter. Now, what is it that you want us to 'pay no heed', actually?"

Why must I show respect to someone who doesn't respect me?

I don't know how the King thinks of all his actions before, but for me I feel like he's taking things for granted. Does he thinks he owns all for he is the King?

"Master." Silen slowly called out. "Young Lady Maridis has left the hall."

"Ah..." That's good news. I've made you suffer these last 3 years, Maridis. Your childhood should have been more carefree, yet because of my foolishness of being loyal to the rulers, I've thrown you into a nightmare of life.

I am too stupid to just realize all of this. It seems that I was actually too bothered by the fact that I hold no loyalty towards the Royalties.

Maridis, I'm sorry. I truly apologize. I can't return back your time. It was all because of my idiocy that you've wasted your precious time.

That's why this time around, I promise, when the time comes that I was given choices once more, my decision will not be a regret once again.

Ahh... I feel like crying. I'm too easily moved by my own feelings. My nose is sour now, even tears are threatening to form.

I'm sorry.

From that moment onwards, it felt like the chains binding my self has been broken and shattered into nothing. My thoughts became clearer.

"Hah....."I quietly exhaled.

Finally, I feel like breathing the cold air. Perhaps because of my affinity with ice element, I like the severe coldness of ice.

I started walking my way towards the throne where the King and Queen were.