♜ Epilogue ♜

I love y'all. Happy reading! And make sure to read the author's note at the end

 "So, what will we call her?" Madeline asked, smiling down at the baby in her arms

"We agreed that if it was a girl, you would name her."

  Madeline looked up at Spencer with a magnificent beam on her face that made him fall even more in love with her if that was even possible. "I have an idea. Elizabeth Valentina Kingshart. It's a mouthful but we can call her Ellie for short."

Ellie for his sister and Valentina for her mother. Yes, it definitely was possible to fall in love with her even more. Spencer bent down to place a kiss on her temple before moving his chair closer to his family. He leaned on her shoulder and stared at his daughter. His finger landed on the palm of her hand, making her curl up her tiny, chubby fingers to grip it. Her eyes sparkled brilliantly and Spencer could see Madeline in them.

"I can't believe this. Maddie, we're parents."

Madeline didn't respond and instead she turned to face him and smile. Tear after tear suddenly escaped her eyes, immediately worrying Spencer. He rushed to grab her a tissue and dab her cheeks for her.

"What's wrong?"

She sniffed and stared at Ellie. "Nothing. I'm just... I'm so happy. This is everything I've ever wanted. Spence, this is our endgame. She is our endgame. And she's perfect."

  Spencer planted a kiss on her temple and shut his watery eyes, causing a few tears to escape and roll down his cheek. "I love you."

  "I love you too," She sighed, resting her forehead against his.

The door swung open and Aunt Nora boomed in holding a hamper so big it covered her face. Behind her were two men, one holding a five foot teddy bear and the other holding a ton of hydrangea bouquets.

  "Set them there," Nora instructed before turning her attention to the young family staring at her. She clapped her hands together, rushing to Madeline and gasped when she saw Ellie.

  "She's so beautiful! Wow, she's.... wow."

  Spencer smiled and stuck his finger in her small fist again, moving it up and down. "I know."

"What's her name?" Nora asked.

"Elizabeth Valentina Kingshart."

Nora failed to hide her disdain. "It's very... long."

Madeline laughed. "That's why she'll mainly go by Ellie."

The smile reappeared on Nora's face. "I love it! And, uh, how was the...uh...birth-giving?" Nora asked, awkwardly gesturing to Madeline's abdomen for some reason.

  Madeline looked at Spencer and chuckled. "Labour wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Then again, I was under a lot of painkillers!"

"Oh gosh... I don't think I can ever put my body through that! I'll adopt if I ever change my mind about wanting kids. You're my hero for doing this."