17 ♜ Maria Maria

Do y'all know the song 'Maria, Maria'? Please tell me you do. Anyway, enjoy!

  Spencer fell back against the wall and sunk down to the floor while staring at the wedding invitation in his hand

Spencer fell back against the wall and sunk down to the floor while staring at the wedding invitation in his hand. The words were on repeat in his mind, chanted by an angry mob of memories.

  We request the honour of your presence at the marriage of Madeline Lockhart and Blake Rodriguez. We request the honour of your presence at the marriage of Madeline Lockhart and Blake Rodriguez. We request the honour of your presence at the marriage of Madeline Lockhart and Blake Rodriguez.

  Was this a sick joke? Was Madeline playing a game? Did she just want to rub it in his face? Or was she serious? She couldn't have been serious because after everything that went on between them she couldn't have possibly thought it would be a good idea to invite him to her wedding.

  Spencer was offended. Offended by Madeline's blatant ignorance. Offended she still thought of him as her best friend. Offended she didn't think of his feelings when inviting him. Offended she chose Blake...

  Spencer slowly rose, dropping the letter to the ground. He would have called her but he didn't have her number. But he needed to talk to her, to rant and to let it all out. Tell her how much she hurt him. Because, even though it had been nearly two months since they slept together, Spencer's mind was still a fuzzy mess.

Suddenly taken by exhaustion, Spencer trudged to his room, relying on memory because he couldn't see anything through his watering eyes. He collapsed onto his bed and stared blankly at his ceiling as salty tears trailed across his temple. Perhaps what hurt the most was how Madeline was actually going through with the wedding. A part of him thought there was still a chance for them. But that part of him was naïve and foolish.

  There were no more chances for them.

♜♜♜

"Bro, stop moping around."

As always, Charlie had taken it upon himself to cheer Spencer up. After he spent the day before lethargic in bed, avoiding everyone's calls, Charlie showed up with a bottle of whiskey and an invite to a new club that had just opened. Spencer was feeling a lot of deja vu. Going out and drinking was Charlie's remedy for everything. However, that night especially, even the always cheery Charlie seemed to be dulled down.

Although they still weren't on the best terms, Spencer did make the effort of replying with grunts every so often, as well as the occasional 'getoutmaroom'.

  "Look, I know you're pissed at me but I hate seeing you like this. We've had this conversation so many times before. You need to get over her."