27 ♜ Anagnorisis

Don't forget to vote and comment because trust me y'all are gonna LOVE this chapter ♜♡♜

I wasn't going to update this so soon BUT I JUST COULDN'T WAIT!

  Spencer's talk with Charlie did help, albeit a very small amount but he still felt very down

Spencer's talk with Charlie did help, albeit a very small amount but he still felt very down. He spent the next week trying to distract himself but every time he went to the French café he remembered Madeline. France was always her favourite place. And on his way back, whenever he passed Amelie's old work place he remembered her. The place he would kiss her goodbye every morning when he walked her to work. There were markers of both of them all over Manhattan and it was driving him crazy.

  However, one day, as he was scrolling through social media he stumbled upon a throwback from some fashion aesthetic page that made him stop. It was a photo from Nora's photoshoot with Madonna from high school. She looked so young and energised. It was shot pre-Oliver of course.

  Another bout of guilt coursed through him.

  He had been so consumed with his issues that he completely forgot about Nora who stood by him always. He should have asked about her, seen how she was after her divorce. He had to call her. After all, she was perhaps the only close friend he had left. He texted her a quick invitation to his house and she responded almost immediately.

  'I'll see you in 10'

  True to her word, ten minutes later, Nora knocked on his door. As soon as he opened it, she squealed and latched onto him.

"Nora!" Spencer exclaimed, engulfing her in a hug. "I'm so happy to see you!"

  "I've missed you, so much Spence!"

  He led her into his living room and they sat down. Nora stretched her legs onto the sofa as In her hand was a plastic bag that she placed onto the table. Spencer opened it up and laughed.

"Sushi and rosé?"

"It's basically our tradition by now, babe."

Spencer was famished and he immediately cracked open a plastic box, running to the kitchen to get his custom pair of porcelain chopsticks. Nora seemed more preoccupied with the rosé, filling up a tumbler glass with the delicious pink drink. Spencer took his usual seat, snug in his recliner.

  "I'm sorry for not asking about you sooner, Nor." Spencer eventually said, with his mouth full of sashimi. "Oliver told me what happened."

  Nora's smile faltered and she sighed. "Um, yeah. A lot happened."

"I'm so sorry Nora. I should have asked about you sooner. I hope you're okay."