10 ♜ Admit It

It would look bad if he ran away, wouldn't it?

  It would seem overdramatic and rash. But as Madeline got closer and closer, Spencer realised that he couldn't stay without having a public melt down.

  So he ran away.

  Nora called after him and he could hear Madeline apologise profusely. But soon he was out of ear reach. He bursted through the doors and hid himself behind the corner of the building. His knees buckled under him and he slid down against the brick wall to the floor. He couldn't seem to catch his breath.

  Why was she there? Spencer placed his head between his knees. The position was meant to help with his panic attacks. It felt like he was having a heart attack. Like he was minutes away from death.

"Spencer, you okay?"

Spencer didn't look up but could sense Oliver sit down beside him.

"No."

Why was she there? Why was she in Manhattan? Had she not realised that Spencer would be there? Out of respect for him she shouldn't have come. However, she clearly didn't respect him or else she would have tried to contact him in the past five years.

"Here. Drink this."

Oliver handed Spencer a small, leather hip flask that reeked of booze. However, Spencer didn't care how strong it smelt and took a swig from it.

"Thanks," He grumbled before turning to face Oliver. "Why didn't you tell me Madeline wasn't coming?"

"I swear I didn't know, man. I only found out an hour before we came."

  "Why is she even here?! Who invited her?!"

  Oliver sighed and patted his shoulder. "Nora met her at a bridal store and they're back to being friends now. Apparently she changed."

  Did the new Madeline also want nothing to do with Spencer?

  "I can't see her, Oliver... I was finally moving on and now she's here."

  Oliver scoffed. "Man, don't let her win. Give her a piece of your mind. She played you and now it's your chance to speak your mind. If I were you I would march in there and tell her how badly she hurt you. I've seen you struggle these past few years because of her.  It's not right to let her get away with everything she did to you."

"What do I even say?"

"The truth. Show her how much she hurt you."