20 ♜ She's Not Okay

Y'all I'm so sorry I keep updating so quick I hope you're not sick of this book yet! Nine more chapters left!

"What?"

Spencer repeated his rash declaration again but with exponentially less gusto this time. "Move in with me."

  His mouth felt dry after processing the words he was saying.

  "Oh. Like... you want me to live here. With you. Together."

  "Um, yeah. I think so."

  "Oh." Amelie's lips curled up. "That sounds really good."

  Shit.

  "Yeah..."

  "Okay."

  "Okay?"

  "Okay!" Amelie squeaked before latching on to him and kissing him. "Honestly I thought you were going to break up with me soon with how distant you've been but I guess I was wrong! Wow, Kingsley, I'm so excited to live with you!"

  "Uh huh...."

  It took him twenty three years to realise it but Spencer was the biggest idiot ever.

♜♜♜

  By the end of the week Amelie had moved in. Spencer's nerves did little to reassure him and he felt more and more regretful each day. It wasn't that he didn't want to live with Amelie. But it was just such bad timing. Literally the week before he was telling someone else he loved her. He was not ready to take such a big step with Amelie and he didn't know what even compelled him to suggest it. But he did and it was too late to back out now.

  "That's the last of my boxes. My lease on my old place won't run out for another three months so I left a bunch of things there just until I find some where to put them. "

  "Yay..." Spencer replied, trying his best to feign excitement.

  "Oh crap! I forgot my charger! You wouldn't happen to have a Samsung charger here would you?"

  Spencer shook his head, silently praying that it meant she would have to leave to get a new one. He needed a break. They had been driving up and down from her apartment all day and all he wanted was a bit of tranquility and peace. Silence.

  "Oop! Never mind, I found it!"

"Yay..."

Amelie paused and looked at him. "Yo... are we good? You've been acting weird all day..."