9 ♜ High School Reunion

Spencer stared blankly at the producers in front of him

Spencer stared blankly at the producers in front of him. There was Pete who wouldn't stop talking about his cat and dull Dolly who had the most boring, most unrealistic ideas for a screenplay. He had actually gone to school with Dolly but he couldn't remember her being so boring. Still though, never in a million years would he have imagined he would be sitting across from her planning a movie.

His phone pinged and, unapologetically, Spencer whipped it out of his pocket and checked the message he received.

'Hope we see you later tonight'

  Spencer smiled at the text he got sent from Nora.

  'I wouldn't miss your engagement party for the world' He replied back.

  Of course that was a big fat lie because Spencer hadn't  actually been  intending on going until the night before. He had one very big 'con' for not going. He was afraid Madeline would be there. But after interrogating Oliver with a late night, paranoid phone calls, Oliver reassured him that Madeline would not be there. Why would she be? It wasn't like her and Nora were friends again. Besides, Madeline was probably busy wedding planning. And breaking hearts. And moving on. Spencer wasn't salty at all.

"So what do you think!?" Pete chirped.

Spencer looked up at his smiling face and frowned. "Huh?"

Pete waved a photo of his cat in front of Spencer's face. "My cat. Her name is-"

"I'm sorry. No, I can't do this!" Spencer snapped. "We have been coming to this damp café for the last three days and have come up with nothing. I know more about your damn cat than this movie that we're going to make! Can we please just have one hour of productivity!? I have to leave soon for an engagement party."

Ignoring the first ninety-six percent of Spencer's rant, Dolly's mouth fell open. "You mean Nora Lawrence and Oliver Scott's engagement party?!"

"Uh, yeah. Anyway, can we-"

"No way. No freaking way. I would have killed to go but I didn't get invited. Spencer, why are you still here?! You should be preparing! It's only the biggest event of the year. Well second biggest because Madeline Lockhart's wedding is in a few months. Again, I wasn't invited even though I sat beside her in like all my classes. Oh my god, is Madeline Lockhart going to be there tonight?! Woah, can you take a picture!"

Spencer was evidently startled by her sudden outburst by the way he was staring at her. Even Pete looked taken aback. She had said more words in her outburst than she had said for the past three days combined.

"Um... yeah, I'm just gonna go now," Spencer said.

"But what about screenplay planning?"

Spencer shook his head. He couldn't be with them any longer. "Um, maybe some other time. I'll call you guys."