part three - new enemies/old questions

We stand there, trying to understand what she just literally said. The sentence rolls around my head like a wrecking ball, smashing all my common sense out of the window.

Genka stands up, and looks at us both, sorrow in her eyes suggests she wasn't lying, not in the slightest. I stand there, knowing she doesn't make jokes, and is always serious when it comes to speaking.

“Why! Are you stupid or something!” Aoi yells throwing her arms in the air in utter confusion, and to be completely honest, I am not going to blame her this time, being in the same place.

“I need you, both of you, to kill me. I've been infected, and I can't get a hold onto it anymore.” Genka warns, her metallic arm pulses slightly, catching my attention. Aoi still looks like she's been asked to solve the meaning of life, whilst I carefully grip the handle of the katana, knowing she's going to shift.

Genka grabs her metal arm, making aoi jolt back, as it suddenly grows in size, the skin underneath being teared away like paper, as the mutation makes the muscle ooze over the plates, shifting them around like a jigsaw.

Her eyes shift to gold, and her glasses snap off, as the plates cover her face, covering her entire face. A beetle? I'm not sure, but either way, those metal plates aren't going to be easy. My gun can't break through, and if she does become a beetle, my katana is going to be useless as well.

Aoi grips her rifle, using its scope as a support to find the one opening, as the bone squeezes its way through the muscle, just confirming that it's a beetle.

Although her sudden elongation makes me pause. Beetles are the shortest, and slashers are the tallest, so what is happening? I take the katana out, not liking what's happening, not in the slightest. Slashers are the only ones who grow tall.

“Pathetic parasites.” The mutation snarls, its voice deep and just damn right terrifying. I glance at aoi, who falters for a second, as it laughs, finally finishing the mutation process, making my heart go into my throat.

It's as tall as this room, its metallic skull smashing onto the ceiling, as the paint and plaster settles into its sharp bone protrusions create shoulder like plates.

It's entire body is either bone plating, or if it's a weaker area, its covered by the now dull, stained metal. I gag, as the virus seeps through the muscles being torn apart by the metal. Aoi keeps her finger on the trigger, waiting for the exact time to pull it.

I keep the katana in front of me, as more a case of making sure I don't lose my focus, than means of a actual weapon, knowing it's absolutely pointless against this thing.

“Your screams will be delightfully pleasing for us.” It laughs, leaning towards me in particular, speaking as if two people are overlapping each other, which peaks my curiosity.

Although it's body retches of decay and death, it speaks. None of them have ever been able to talk, let alone so fluidly, then again, no adult immunes are alive to make sure it's not just a one off.

It tenses its sharpened claws, and looks at aoi, who hasn't moved a inch, move focused on not panicking than anything else. Why is she so scared? She's never scared during a situation like this, being ayano's second in command.

“Ah! So your alive? I thought you'd die, but alas, your here. Interesting, you've got it under control haven't you? You should feel proud, being the only one.” It smirks, prodding the tip of her gun, making it wobble slightly.

My anger resonates, as I narrow my gaze against hers, or more importantly, underneath her eyepatch. I know she has the socket open, she has for ages now, but nobody knows why.