And then there were 7

Tw: Mentions of eating disorders (like the names nothing more)

Virgil stared into the mirror while trying to fix his purple hair. He let out a huff as he saw that the the clock was almost 12 pm which meant the therapy sessions would start soon. He straightened his dark hoodie to look somewhat presentable. It was his first time after all he didn't want to make a bad impression. He hoped the purple pj bottoms he was wearing looked like sweatpants because he didn't want anyone to judge him on choosing sleepwear for daytime. It was the baggiest clothing he owned and he felt like keeping his body shape a mystery for as long as he could. Chubby was an incorrect to describe him, Really thick is more accurate.

The walls in the hallway were painted a light kind of beige and the lights were the kind that made his eye sting when he looked at them too hard. 

When he got to the door there was a tall quite young looking person right outside beside it leaning against the wall. They were 22 at most and wore a loose leather jacket. Their eyes were hidden behind sunglasses and they had a cocky smile on as they talked to the therapist dr. Emile Picani.

 "For the who knows how many times Remy you're not allowed to bring food in here" Emile said gesturing to the bag of jelly beans the person apparently named Remy was holding.

"Yeah well these are tots tasty so like gurl chill" They replied before throwing a few into their mouth.

Virgil took the hood on and stared down into the floor as he walked past them. There were 5 other people in the cozy lit room. The air smelled of a cheap strawberry scented candle and in the middle of the room stood a group of chairs in a circle. On the walls were posters from different cartoons hung as well as a few cute cat pictures.

The moment the strangers saw him they stopped talking. Virgil was pretty sure his heart stopped as well. One of them waved excidetly before running up to him. Oh no not the cursed social interaction

 "Hi kiddo!" He greeted with a big warm smile. "You want a hug? I know it can be rough coming here for the first time and-" He rambled on completely forgetting to introduce himself or give Virgil time to reply.

The emo breathed out when he heard Picani close the door because that's when the cheery man stopped talking.

The therapist sat down and so did everyone else so Virgil of course did as well. He tried to scoot his chair away. On his left was the cheery man and on his right an elegant looking man with an elegant  looking red jacket. He glanced over at Virgil and when their eyes met he smiled.

"Session begun!" Picani exclaimed dramatically "Hello everyone" A few of them greeted back "Nice to see that everyone is here for once. Can't be the crystal gems if not everyone's here am I right"

"We're humans, it is literally impossible for us to become crystals and or gems" Someone with a monotone voice said.

"You'll get one of my references one day Lo. I swear on it. Anyway! seems like there's a new gem here!" He looked at Virgil and the emo wanted to run out of the room right then and there "Would you like to introduce yourself?"

He shook his head frantically.

"Ooookay. How about we take a round and introduce ourself. As an extra challenge how about stating your disorder since-"

"Admitting you have like a problem is the first step to getting better. Dearly noted girl. No need for repetition" Remy interrupted. They weren't even trying to hide the fact that they were texting on their phone.

"Exactly" Picani said "Anyone want to start?" 

"Oh OH I can!" A man in green exclaimed. He was laying with his legs against the back seat of the chair and his head was hanging of the edge seat. He was a perfectly normal healthy weight though that was probably the most healthy thing about him.