One last fantastic day

(:

It was the afternoon on new years eve. It was surprisingly sunny for December. The grass swayed under his feet as Remus stomped on it to leave marks. Janus was walking along side him. They were holding hands.

They were on their way towards a hill where they would have a picnic. It was the perfect spot to watch the fireworks at midnight. By the way Janus had on the leather jacket Remy had given him, he'd put 2 pride pins along with some other cool ones onto it.

Remus kept pointing at different bugs he saw on the ground and talking about how adorable they were and how he wanted to lick them. Janus had a fond look on his face while looking at him.

"Darling how cheesy would it be if I said the world seems like a much prettier place when I'm with you?" He asked.

"Oh! So if you saw a dogshit right now you would think it was pretty???" The duke replied while glancing around for a dog.

"No I mean...all the colors seem more vibrant with you around. I guess I can't explain it but the grass suddenly looks as green as your eyes and every sound seems more beautiful if your talking is among them" Janus traced his finger over the freckles on the brown skin of his lover as he said it.

"Blergh gross! You softy!!!!" He teased while poking his finger into Jan's ribs.

"You meek human made up of stupidity! I am immune to your rib poking because unlike Remy I am too fat!" He tried to hide the pain in his voice.

"You're a teddy bear! Brown and soft and cuddly!!"

Remus smiled at him before without any warning picking him up. Their chests were pressed against one another. He continued to walk towards the hill while carrying him.

Janus tightly wrapped his arms around his shoulders "You're definetly going to drop me. I'm too heavy"

He had a smug look on his face while laughing "My dear dead heart of mine don't you know, the only reason I work out is to be able to carry my partners"

"Are you allowed to work out?"

"Yes!" Remus nearly dropped him from trying to point his finger dramatically "As long as I eat and don't purge my past dietician said I am! Ooooh you weren't here when I was still going to the clinic right?"

"Indeed I wasn't. What a groundbreaking revelation, you had a life before you met me" He replied druly.

"Okay so I got this like paper of exactly what and how many calories to eat every meal. It was crazy. Like really controlling and I had too eat some of the meals at the clinic and had to take a bunch of tests so they knew I was following it and not purging which I was. But like eventually they told me I was going to be forced into inpatient care if I kept purging cause I dunno I could die. I was just weirded out why they cared so much cause I thought I wasn't that sick cause I was never underweight or anything" Remus rambled out. He liked having his mouth go.

"What?" Janus stared out into nothing out of shock for a few seconds "You....you were never underweight??...but...but you...you got medical care...and all"

"I was like 62 kg at my lowest. This is why I'm always saying that you and your stupid lil brain shouldn't think you're not sick just cause you're chubby"

Jan looked grumpy while muttering out "Well you're still skinny I'm fat, there's a difference"

By now they'd come to the top of the hill. Remus sat the shorter man down on the ground and patted his head or well patted his yellow beanie. He had that look on his face when he was ready to attack someone with love. When he squinted his eyes and frowned (he'd gotten it from Patton).