You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only 22

I have 5! 5!!!! WIP in the works rn, what the fuck is going on?? Since when did I get an imagination?? I don't have time for all this fanfiction!!

Remus woke up in a cold sweat, close to screaming out for his partner. He fumbled around with his hands after Remy to make sure he really was awake from the nightmare. Maybe he wasn't because Remy wasn't there.

Either they were there when he woke up or they left a note saying where they were. But there was nothing. His breathing fastened. What if they were doing exactly the same as Janus?? What if they'd been kidnapped?? What if they'd disappeared to take their own life??

Remus stumbled out of bed. Everything around him was spinning and he could barely breathe. A Marina song was playing from the kitchen so he ran there.

Remy was standing by the stove. Their hair was messy and they didn't even have their sunglasses on. Remus ran up to them and pulled them into a tight hug. He leaned his head into their chest as his breathing slowly became stable once more.

Remy ran their fingers through his hair "Happy birthday honey"

He looked up at them with big dooey eyes "That is today???"

"Yass. Girl I set an alarm so I could like get up early and make like pancakes with ice cream" They motioned for the pancakes on the stove.

"Aww thannnkkksss" He gave them a big kiss.

"No prob babe. Alright I got you something. Wait"

They ran off to their room and came back with a small box. They held it out so he could open. Inside was 2 silver rings which shimmered with tiny green details.

Remus frowned "Don't tell me your proposing to me"

"Oh fuck no! Neva! What would I even be?? Your wife?? Husband?? Wifeband??"

"Yeah!! And I'm pretty sure that if I walk into a church they will mistake me for a demon and exorscise me right on the spot"

They patted his shoulder "You would be a very sexy demon dear"

"Thanks"

(They didn't even have enough money for a wedding and since they were poly it would be complicated if either of them later wanted to also marry someone else)

"Sooo what are the rings for?" Remus asked.

"Oh! I was thinking since we've been together for like a while I kinda wanted something to like show that sooo"

They took his hand.

"I just...I'm really happy I've gotten to know you for like 8 years. And like if we didn't meet I would definetly be dead right now so thanks for saving my life and like making me want to even stay alive"

They placed the ring on his finger.

"Awww bbaaabbbeee I can't imagine my life without you either. I love you so so much!!!"

He placed the ring on their finger.

Laughter broke out between them. Remus picked them up and spun them around while peppering their cheeks with kisses which only made them giggle more. He sat them down on the kitchen counter. They wrapped their legs around his waist to pull him closer as they kissed.

"Some love marks for the birthday boy" Remy murmured before moving their mouth down to his neck to gently give him hickies. They went in soft shades of purple. They looked like flower petals.

"Please it's my birthday keep that stuff elsewhere" Roman groaned out as he entered the room "Your kissing sounds are gross"

In response they made out as loudly and grossly as possibly just to spite him.