| three |

SPENCER.

"WHAT we know right now, is that her name is gracen jones, and that she's been missing for ten years. her disappearance was only reported once to the authorities, and that man was found dead five years ago." david rossi said, as he and spencer reid walked side by side down the hallways of the hospital. "...with the same m.o. as the x-killer."

spencer let out a sigh, rubbing his head. "there's an obvious connection, i just know it—"

"help in room 267! NOW!" a nurse called out, causing people to become uneasy at her panicked voice.

"267." spencer repeated. "her room is 267."

rossi looked at him. "you sure?"

"with all due respect, you should know that my memory is flawless." the doctor deadpanned.

the agent and doctor ran down the hallways, reaching room 267, where they pushed to the front of the crowd that was huddling around the door.

"out of the way! please move!" spencer called out, shoving away the people blocking his path.

"hey! get out of here!" rossi ordered.

when the two made it to the front of the crowd of people, they saw the distressed girl from before—gracen jones—looking even worse than when they had found her.

the victim had a crazed look on her face, as she held up a large shard of glass. reid caught sight of the broken glass window in the back of the room, and then to her arm—in which blood was running down her elbow.

at first, reid thought someone had tried to break in, but he soon realized it was her that smashed the window.

the nurse that was taking care of her was now cowering in the corner of the room, with a terrified expression on her face.

"miss jones, we're gonna ask you to please calm down." rossi said beside him, voice mellow. "put it down."

gracen's attention shifted to us. "who are you?"

"we're the fbi, gracen." spencer said, proceeding to show her his badge.

"are you here to take me away?" she asked, breaking out in crazy laughter. "you found out, didn't you? I KILLED THEM! I KILLED ALL OF THEM!"

spencer looked at rossi anxiously. was she responsible for the serial murders? "who did you kill, gracen?" he asked in a calm voice, drawing a little nearer.

gracen grabbed her head, making reid flinch at how close the glass was to cutting her head open. "analeise. tommy. kara. all of them—MOM, DAD, PETER—" she screamed. "THEY HATE ME! THEY ALL HATE ME!"

rossi now had his hand on his gun, but spencer didn't dare reach for his, not wanting to scare the girl. something in spencer told him that she wasn't a murderer. factually, the information just wouldn't match up, unless she was an accomplice with extreme guilt.

analeise finkler, tommy ramsey, kara sawyer. these were all the names of people's bodies found in the woods, all of them with the same M.O.— two slashes in the neck, making an "x."