| six |

SPENCER.

IT was 11 pm at night. spencer and gracen had been talking for hours, mainly about their pasts, sitting in comfortable silence for amounts of time before starting more conversations.

spencer found all the information gracen jones gave him very useful to the investigation. he wanted to take out his notebook and pen and write all of it down, but he didn't want the girl to think he was interrogating her. he wasn't, though.

gracen liked to dance, sing, draw—anything artistically involved. she loved her parents and they babied her. it seemed like she remembered them very clearly. in fact, gracen jones seemed to have had great memory—up until she was 16. that's when she had been taken. gracen still couldn't recall some of those memories.

"—we're really alike, gracen. i'm glad." spencer smiled, looking up just to see the girl slumped over, eyes closed as she was fast asleep.

something fluttered in his chest, and spencer slowly got up from his seat, making sure to not wake her. keeping a close eye on the girl, he packed his things and put his jacket on. spencer drew near to the bed and pulled the blanket up so that only her head was peeking out. then, he slipped out the door, making sure to tell the nurses to check in with her throughout the night, before he left the hospital.

GRACEN.

"gracen...your time is up."

"your time is up gracen."

"come here."

"COME HERE!"

a hand grabbed her throat, pulling her towards the voice.

it was a man, but his face was blank.

a blank, smooth flesh-like thing that represented his head. gracen started hyperventilating, struggling to get out his grip. who was this man?

"get me out!!" she screamed. "GET ME OUT!!"

"never." the man drew closer, and even though she couldn't see his face, she knew there was a sick expression behind it, grinning creepily at her.

she knew that expression.

then the man backed away, revealing several corpses piled on top of each other like zombies, all of them groaning and shrieking in pain.

the sounds tumbled through her ear, she felt like something was being sucked out of her. gracen screamed and kicked, not being able to escape. she felt nauseous.

the sounds continued, the shrieks. she couldn't take it. she couldn't take it.

"gracen...gracen..."

"SHUT UP!!!" gracen screamed, kicking and punching. "MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP!"

two hands grabbed gracen jones, shaking her viciously before saying, "miss jones, you're at the hospital. wake up."

"open your eyes gracen. i'm going to count backwards from three and you'll open them, okay?"

"three,"