| ten |

GRACEN.

gracen jones was utterly exhausted. she had the nightmares for the entire week, even when she took naps she went back to that cellar. they were finally to take a toll on her—sometimes she couldn't differentiate her getting used to the nightmares or the nightmares driving her more insane.

but gracen was finally getting some of her memories back through the dreams.

too bad she had no one to tell the new information to.

after the little incident, spencer reid stopped visiting her. she understood, if she was in his position she would've left and never came back. but that didn't stop gracen from feeling hurt whenever she thought about it. she wondered what would've happened if someone didn't knock on the door that night.

gracen shivered, pulling her blankets over her cold body. her entire body was aching and sore, because the doctors took her to a physical therapy session the day before. for ten years she was tied up in that chair, ben only letting her out of it to use the restroom or to "take walks" with him. those walks were always just around the cellar, around and around.

her muscles were extremely weak and she was basically just made up of bone. the doctors needed to get her in the correct muscle composition percentage and the correct weight range for her age, and she needed help with that.

in the cellar, ben bought her food and they ate together, she remembered. but gracen was never in the mood to eat. she was too scared, too nauseous at the thought of her parents' bodies.

gracen looked out the window. she wanted to go outside and bask in the sunlight. her nurse took her outside everyday, eventually having to force her to go back to her room before she got "sunburnt."

but gracen loved the sun. and outside. the world was a beautiful yet such a messed up place. gracen wished she could only see the beautiful, but that would be impossible for her. those messed up things were already inside her brain, while the sun only shone on the outside.

"miss jones, you have a visitor."

gracen's head whipped around, the nurse's voice interrupting her thoughts. a smile crept onto her face thinking about who it could be.

as much as she disliked spencer now—and she was sure the feeling was mutual—gracen was still attached to the guy. she just wanted someone to talk to her like he did, to smile at her like he did.

gracen, deep down, just wanted a friend.

which is why gracen realized days ago that she was wrong about having feelings for spencer. she only thought of him as a friend, and it hurt her when she noticed him only trying to get information out of her for the investigation. gracen just needed someone to talk to.

her eyebrows furrowed. but even then, was being friends with your client that frowned upon? he confused her.

but her eyebrows furrowed even deeper when she saw some random man walk through her room door. gracen swallowed her disappointment, letting her tensed up muscles relax.

"derek morgan. i'm with the fbi." the dark-skinned man held up his badge to her, and she nodded only slightly. "how are you?"

"okay." gracen jones croaked out in her raw voice.

"okay enough to leave the hospital for a little?" he asked. gracen nodded.