| seven |

GRACEN.

"SPENCER—" she gasped, feeling her throat close up again. "ben. who the hell is ben?!"

gracen's hands began shaking, her breath picking up pace and she tried to uncover the memory from her preconscious mind. gracen was slipping into her other self—the unstable one—again.

but she knew there was a reason she said "ben." there had to be.

"hey, hey—" spencer said in a calming tone. "it's okay. the doctors you said you have serious head trauma, it's not your fault you can't remember-because—because the brain can't—"

"it's not okay!!" she yelled. "what is wrong with me?!" gracen grabbed fistfuls of her hair. her entire body shaking.

"gracen, please—"

gracen couldn't even focus on spencer's voice. she was trying. she was trying so hard—to focus on something else, but then try to remember—all at the same time. she couldn't do it, she just couldn't. it drove her insane.

the walls were closing in. gracen could hear spencer's voice calling out to her, and then a nurse, but it sounded like it was from a whole different dimension. and the dimension that was in was full of blood, screaming, and dead bodies. and ben. he was here too. gracen couldn't see him, but she could feel it. he was a real person, there was someone out there who was killing people. it wasn't her.

"stop—STOP!!" she cried out, at nothing. no one responded. no one wanted to help, anyways. it was only her, the corpses, ben, all in their own dimension. no one could help her here. no one could save her.

then everything went black.

as her eyes opened, she was greeted by a bright light hanging over her and an all too familiar room.

gracen jones let out a bloody scream. she thrashed and kicked in her chair, but it was no use. she was tied up. "LET ME GO! LET ME GO!!!"

"gracen. gracen."

her head snapped to the side and then she saw him. him.

gracen's breath caught in her throat. the man towering before her, his eyes were bright blue—almost gray—and...full of sadness. he looked so sad.

something sparked in the girl. she wasn't scared of this man. reaching out to touch his black hair, she ran his strands through her own fingers. she knew this person.

was this ben?

"gracen!!" the guy yelled out in fear, scaring gracen as he reached out for her, but the scene soon faded away.

he was gone.

"gracen!!! please wake up!!"

she gasped, jolting awake. dizziness hit her head, and she desperately looked around, trying to find the man that was just in her dreams. "where did—"

she was still at the hospital. tears streamed down her cheeks. gracen was so overwhelmed, she couldn't take it anymore—she broke down, sobbing as someone grabbed her shoulders and  hugged her. it was cold, they were soaked, but she didn't pay much attention to it.