| thirteen |

SPENCER

SPENCER.

five months later

"hey spence, you've been dressing a little different lately, what's up with that?" jj asked, as they were packing up.

"yeah, you dressing up to impress a girl?" morgan asked.

spencer furrowed his eyebrows. "actually, i just decided that i was kinda done with the sweater vests and cardigans. new year new me, right?"

"new you but not my favorite you. the hair last year was better." rossi commented on his way out.

"what?! they cut off exactly 1.73 inches / 4.394 centimeters. you guys act like i went bald." spencer reached up, running his fingers through his new haircut.

"the crazy curls were your thing, reid. you also look like you're in a boy band now." morgan teased.

spencer rolled his eyes. "well next time i'm bringing you all the to barbershop since none of you seem to be content with my hair!"

"reid, i think you look great." garcia said, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"thanks. you're the only one that supports me here, garcia."

"i know, backstreet boy." she giggled.

"i'm quitting my job."

spencer was at the local 7-11, grabbing a quick and cheap snack because he was starving after that last case they took in canada. you'd be surprise to know that there was nothing but liquor on the bau jet.

he hummed to himself as he scanned the shelf for strawberry parfaits, sensing someone next to him but too socially awkward to make eye contact or anything like that.

when reid found his favorite brand of strawberry parfaits, he reached out for it just as someone else did. his hand touched it first and spencer mentally cheered, calling dibs until he turned to make eye contact with said person and—

his breath caught in his throat.

five months ago, the bau took a case on the x-man, and spencer met gracen jones, the unsub's precious gem. she had escaped after ten years of being held in captivity. the case went cold because any witnesses/people in gracen's life couldn't provide any leads, as it happened such a long time ago. the two had gotten close but hotch stopped him from seeing her.

and here she was. in the flesh. spencer didn't realize that he had stopped breathing completely.

my god, she was beautiful. he almost didn't recognize her. the sick girl from five months ago looked completely healthy now, meaning she recovered from the treatment back in the cellar. her hair was dyed brown, and she had it down, curled in loose waves that were perfectly set on her shoulders. she had a little bit of makeup on—but her natural beauty was still evident. gracen was wearing a pink blouse and a black pencil skirt, her long legs covered in skin-tone colored tights. she was wearing typical office clothing, and spencer smiled. she must've gotten a job. the girl looked happy, there was finally some light in her brown eyes, making them look almost hazel.