| sixteen |

SPENCER.

"spencer." gracen whined as they stepped into the elevator. "why aren't you answering my question? it's not that difficult—"

spencer, in fact, was just a little hurt that gracen jones didn't think that he'd had sex before. of course he had, if he hadn't done it by age 30 spencer would've been really questioning his life.

did she think he was incapable of going down on someone? many thoughts of reasoning ran through spencer's mind, trying to figure out what exactly gracen meant by "so i'm assuming that you've never had sex then?"

spencer had a lot of hidden sides to him—one of them being a really good dwayne "the rock" johnson impression—but spencer decided it wasn't the right time to pull that one out just yet. he concluded that he needed to start showing her his dominant side—the snobby confident one—and hopefully that would change her opinion of him.

but the thing was, gracen jones made spencer nervous 24/7. she was just so like, not awkward. unlike him. gracen was good at flirting and good at basically everything. it was hard to stay confident around her, exhausting, even.

"um hello?" gracen waved her hand in front of spencer face as the elevator dinged closed. "earth to doctor spencer reid."

"why do you want to know so badly?" spencer asked, leaning against the wall and raising his eyebrow at her.

"curious." she said plainly.

spencer chuckled lightly as he neared her, stepping closer and trapping gracen into the corner of the elevator. her eyes widened and she gulped, and of course spencer noticed. she was nervous. that made him less nervous.

the man said nothing as he leaned in closer to her face, his breath fanning her. gracen's face turned pink and her breath became erratic.

looks like his dwayne johnson impression was doing him some justice.

kidding.

spencer bit back a chuckle at his own joke. he was surprised at himself. i really did just make a pretty bold move. the man thought to himself. props to him. one step at a time.

gracen bit down on her button lip, her eyes glinting with playfulness. his heart started picking up speed, but spencer didn't think about it. he just wanted to tease her a little bit without his heart doing flips on him. but they were doing flips on him right now and it was not helping whatsoever—

"you know," spencer muttered under his breath. "i think it would be easier for me to answer that question if i just showed you instead."

gracen's heart did fifty thousand flippity-flip-flips and her brain was suddenly cluttered with—not-so-innocent—thoughts. her stomach was twisted in butterflies—no, right now, they felt like a bunch of ants instead. her palms were really sweaty, and she carefully wiped them on her black pencil skirt.

she knew spencer reid was playing around, of course, but this dominant side just was too much for her to handle. for god sakes, it was too hot for her to handle.

as noticeably redder blush crept up her cheeks, spencer backed off. he noticed her posture relax immensely and how she let out a small breath.