| eighteen |

GRACEN.

after gracen and spencer finished up work, they met outside of the quantico building.

"hi spence." she tapped his shoulder and spencer spun around, his face flushed from what seemed to be the cold.

"gracen." spencer grinned brightly. "lets go. i'll drive."

"what are we even doing?" she asked plainly, silently slipping her hand around his.

"dinner." he said, interlocking his fingers with hers. the two didn't acknowledge the connection.

"at 10pm?" she raised her eyebrow.

"yup." spencer said, popping the "p." "come on, greaser's doesn't close until twelve."

gracen's heart fluttered. he remembered her favorite restaurant. she recalled the time he walked inside her hospital room, ready to question her for the investigation. "i can't believe you remembered."

"what do you mean?" he chuckled softly down at her. "c'mon, i remember everything."

"oh yeah, eidetic memory." she rolled her eyes.

spencer laughed before daringly quickly pressing a chaste kiss on the side of her head, bolting away. "last one to the car pays for dinner!"

"spencer!" gracen blushed and called out to the man who took off on his long legs, immediately running after him. "you're so on!!"

"i'm an fbi agent, gracen! running is my expertise—" he was cut off when she shoved him from behind, causing him to stumble and giving her a moment to pass him.

the girl laughed evilly, but her moment of joy ended when spencer grabbed her petite body and threw her over his shoulder.

gracen let out an amused shriek. "not fair!!!"

"i didn't say that there were rules!" spencer took off running and she threw light playful punches into his back.

"carrying you over my shoulder would be like carrying a 17-foot ladder around!!!" she said.

"actually, a 6-foot ladder would be more accurate because—"

"alright whatever sir sherlock. now let me down."

spencer let out a grunt as he lowered the girl onto the concrete next to his car. the man opened the passenger's car door. "after you, m'lady."

"thanks love." she grinned genuinely at his playfulness as spencer shut the door, trotting to the drivers side.

the bell above their heads chimed as spencer pushed the door to the rustic-classy diner, allowing gracen to step through and bask in the familiar smell of rosemary and basil. it smelled the same, and gracen felt her eyes prickle with tears. she blinked them away, turning to spencer.

he was in awe at the sight of gracen. under the dim lights, her eyes glinted with love, and a hint of sadness—he figured because of the memories that place brought. her lips slowly made their way, forming a perfect smile that stopped spencer's world. she was so beautiful.