| fourteen |

GRACEN.

hearing spencer apologize to her so genuinely—it made her feel beyond guilty. gracen immediately regretted saying those things to him. she was hurt that he kept profiling her, and that he never reached out for those five months, but it was because of all those moments she spent with him—she got attached and got hurt easily. and it wasn't even for that long.

but gracen had to remind herself of the things he's done for her. if spencer reid didn't step inside her hospital room to question her that day, she'd still be in pieces from the incident ten years ago.

spencer reid didn't deserve this. she didn't deserve spencer reid.

she was still in his arms for the next few minutes after he apologized, and they said nothing, only basking in each other's warmth and presence. the warmth that radiated off his body that she missed so much.

"spencer—" gracen started, lifting her head to meet his eyes.

"yeah?"

"i didn't mean it." she said. "i-i don't know what got into me—"

"it's okay." he smiled at her. "you confuse sometimes but it's okay." the man leaned his cheek into her head. "it'll always be okay."

"i'm sorry." gracen whispered. "you've done so much for me. i don't think you even know."

spencer said nothing, and she took it as a cue to continue.

"i-i just—sometimes it's hard to handle, you know? no matter how much i try, i can't distract myself from that-that man and i just got angry because you talking about it only gave me another reason to remember those fucked up moments." she said. "i'm so sorry, spencer. and i forgive you. i'll always forgive you."

he pulled back to see her face and nodded, his smiling only growing, showing his white teeth. gracen swooned. "gracen, you've changed a lot."

"so have you." she replied.

spencer couldn't help it. she was beyond pretty. not just pretty as in "beauty in the eyes of the beholder" kinda thing. gracen jones was scientifically, and mathematically perfect. he scanned her face, drawing an imaginary grid on her features. her eyes, nose, mouth, face shape—my god, everything. it was the ideal ratio for a human. gracen jones was the ideal human being.

"what?" she asked, when she realize spencer was looking at her with such intensity.

he snapped out of it, the grid disappearing, leaving just her. "ah-nothing."

"..."

"i was actually calculating your face."

"um excuse me, you were what?" she asked, baffled.

spencer chuckled softly, the sound like music to gracen's ears. his arms now loosely draped around her waist, allowing space between them. "there's something called the golden ratio. it's about 1.6 inches and it means—" he picked up his hand from her waist, tracing a line from the corner of her eye to the side of her head, the distance between her eyes, her nose to the cupid's bow of her lips, and so on.

gracen shuddered, the sensation of her drawing these invisible lines on her face hitting her. but confusion was also hitting her. this man, who looked so fascinated in drawing on her face with the tip of his finger, fascinated her. everything about spencer reid enticed her.