Jacob Whitesides - Final Guitar Lessons

<< your POV >>

it's getting late your friend Jacob said he'd be over in 10 so you just sit patiently on your bed with chemistry notes spread out on your quilt, running your hands through your hair in frustration.

You feel the crisp November air so you shut your window and watch the droplets splatter on the window you pull your flannel shirt up around your wrists curling into a ball staring out the window when I knock brings you back.

"Jacob, hey" he smile back at you and makes himself comfortable on your bed.
"hey (Y/N), chem? really" he sighs but you just laugh "yeah no shit" you move from your bed and wonder over to the window again running your fingers along the frame work leaning in the wall cut out pulling up your legs sitting cross legged.

you see Jacob retrieve your guitar and start strumming A team by Ed Sheeran you close your eyes and listen to his soft voice calming you before it stops and his sitting next to you "keep going" you mumble placing your head on his shoulders as he continues to strum.

he turns to face you and you don't realise how close yous are he giggles and pulls you i front of him putting the guitar in front of you grabbing your hands and placing them on specific strings and before you know it your strumming a random beat leaning into Jacobs back inhaling the smell of him and in this moment you feel warm and happy for once.

tears form in your eyes and start spilling onto Jacobs hands so he pulls the guitar away and pulls you into his arms, "hey don't cry.." he soothes rubbing your back before removing your beanie and kisses your head.

"I don't want to loose you, what if this is the last time Jacob" the tears start to fill his eyes "It won't be you just gotta believe" he presses his head against mine and kisses me sweetly.

when he pulls away you stroke his face and your hands find their way to the back of his neck pulling him in for another kiss. He broke away and walked to his bag bringing out a small gift bag "jacob you didn't-" "but I did" he smiles trying to wipe away the tears.

I take the bag and open it- its a necklace with the name Jacob. You tear up again "so you'll never forget me" you smile and hug him close. Thank you.

The next day when Jacob returned to the hospital (Y/N) was found dead curled up by her window holding her guitar with one hand and the other clutched to her necklace.