Prologue

Serenity

I watched in terror as my Alpha, William, ripped his latest victims head off. This was the third wolf this week. A hand clamped down on my shoulder and I jumped whipping around to find my friend Sarah. Like me, she was terrified of our Alpha. "We need to go, we don't want to end up in the line of fire."

Sarah gave me a strained smile taking my hand and pulling me away.  This was usual pack life, Alpha William would be set off by a wolf and the end result was always that wolf losing its life. That was how Sarah's mate, Jonathan died. He had been unfortunate enough to be within Alpha Williams radar. Alpha William thought that Jonathan was too strong and that he would try to steal the Alpha title from him. Alpha Williams was a poor excuse for an Alpha.

I sat in my Oracle hut, my body shaking as visions slammed into me. My eyes widened painfully as I saw the near future. A new pack. New Alphas. New Life. My body slumped over my chest heaving as I attempted to catch my breath. My visions were always intense, some hurt enough to give me a nose bleed. A tired smile stretch across my lips as I thought about the impending doom of William.

Aofie

"Damnit find her!" Alpha Josiah roared. I watched as they rushed around their room their eyes zeroing in on the open window. "Alpha, I believe she is heading back to her previous pack. Her scent disappears off in that direction." I speak up, crossing my arms over my chest. They nod and rush out of the room. Watching my Alphas leave I head out of the packhouse stopping at the line of trees opposite of the direction they had left. "Come out, Maria." I called into the woods. A tall slender woman smirked as she stepped out from behind a tree. "Aofie, nice to see you again. I am assuming you want the usual?" Maria asked sauntering over to me as she sifted through her satchel. I nodded slowly.

"I will never understand why you take this stuff." She commented with a roll of her eyes. "It's for my packs and my protection." I grumbled pulling my wallet out and handing her three hundred dollar bills. Taking the money she handed me a vial full of purple liquid, and with a snap of her fingers, she was gone.

I stalk through the pack lands heading towards my house. I had begun to sweat as the medicine started to kick in. Rushing through my front door I slam it shut as I stride upstairs to my bathroom. My stomach rolled as I leaned against the sink, my body shaking in pain as I endured the medicine. This was for the best. I thought to myself as I looked at my dreary appearance in the mirror.

Damien

I stood off to the sidelines as I watched the black water pack practice the techniques I taught them over the past two days. "They're looking a lot better." My second in command, Jared commented coming over to stand next to me. " They are." I nodded my attention never leaving the training field. "I spoke with Alpha Jeremiah, they found their mate." Jared chuckled. A sting went through my chest at the word mate. I had always wanted my mate, I've searched for them for such a long time. Finding my mate was the main reason I had volunteered to travel around to packs and train their warriors. While we did have the moon dance, it was evident that many wolves chose not to go if given the option.

"They are requesting that you come back to meet her." Jared added giving me a smug look. I rolled my eyes ignoring him. "Come on man. We all know you want to find you mate. But in the meantime why not live it up? hmm? Sleep with a couple of she-wolves." Jared wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. "Let them know I'll be back in a few days."

I strode over to the training field clapping my hands together to get the wolves' attention. Everyone stopped what they were doing and gave me their full attention. "Good work everyone. After watching you train I believe that there is nothing more that I could teach you. I will be back in a year to check on you. Keep training and watch your defenses." Finishing my speech I give a quick smile before turning around and heading towards the guest hut I was given.

The trip back to my pack would take a couple of days, three days at most. Packing up my things I clean up the hut before meeting Jared outside at our truck. Sliding into the driver's seat I wait for him as he rushes out of his own hut. Jared opened the door sliding into the passenger seat and flashed me a quick grin. "What?" I asked as I started up the truck. "Alpha Jeremiah is not going to be there when we get back." I scoffed. Of course. They were always off at other packs rather than our own. "Whatever." I grumbled as we drove off of the black water pack lands.

After three days of driving and very few rests stops we arrived back at our pack. Getting out of the truck I stretch and look over at a sleeping Jared. Asshole fell asleep within two hours of us driving home. Leaving him to sleep I walk into the packhouse stopping in the kitchen to greet my other Elaine. " Ma, I am back." I greeted as she turned to me with a smile on her face. She currently stood at the stove stirring a large pot. She was a very short woman with long brown hair with patches of grey braided down her back. She wore her signature long dark dress and black flats.

"How are you, my son?" She cooed as she wiped her hands on her apron and made her way over to me. "I'm good ma. How have things been here?" I asked looking around the kitchen. "Madison got on Luna's bad side already." She grumbled retuning back to her position in front of the stove. I rolled my eyes. A long time ago I had been close friends with Madison, I had even hoped that she would be my mate. But when she found her true mate at the Moon Dance and later rejected him I lost all respect for her. I watched as she tried to seduce her way into the position of Luna, I never knew why she was so power-hungry. Her parents were the nicest people I knew.

"I am not surprised at this point." I commented walking over to the counter and grabbing a muffin. "Elaine, are my muffins-" A woman's voice called and stopped. I looked towards the doorway and spotted a small dark female. I sniffed the air discretely, she must be the twin's mate. "Hello, I am Dami-" I was cut off by a powerful jab to my stomach. I crumbled over grunting in pain as I watched the small woman smile in victory. "Oh, I forgot to tell you. These muffins are the Lunas. She had asked me to make them earlier today." "Duly noted." I grunted as I wobbled to my feet. "Who are you?" She frowned, she was pretty, and would definitely look good with the twins.

I smiled brightly at her. "I am the Head warrior, Damien. I am assuming you are my Luna?" I asked bowing at her. "Yes, Just call me Cassandra, or Cass, or whatever." She shrugged picking up a muffin and taking a bite out of it. "Why haven't I seen you before?" She asked inspecting me. "I've been away from training other packs." I mentioned. She nodded slowly. "Damien, you're back." I heard gamma Aofies voice call from the hallway. Standing up I stride over to the opening just as he walks in we bro hug, a small smile twitching on his lips. Cassandra walked over to us her eyes suspicious. "You two are close?" She asked taking another bite of her muffin. We nodded before sharing a look. "Well, you owe me a muffin," Cassandra growled crossing her arms childishly.

"Okay, Luna. I'll make more at my cabin, at while we are at it why don't I show you my petunias." I chuckled turning to walk out of the kitchen with Aofie and Cassandra own my heels.

*A/N*

The first chapter of the book. I included more on Damien because he was the only one not fully introduced in the first book. How do you like him so far? Happy new Year ! Anyway, Thank you for reading <3