Chapter 21

Aoife

Everything was in chaos as the twins rushed around the room one with Cassandra in his arms the other calling the pack doctor. I pulled Serenity back and out of the way, suddenly another scream rang from outside, before I could say anything Damien and Serenity were running out of the door. I growl and chase after them.

Breaking through the doors to the meeting chambers I am met with chaos. Wolves were attacking each other and witches. Flames danced from the skin as half shifted dragons swept from above attacking the enemy.

"Serenity!" I called looking around frantically from my mate.

"Over here!" She called. I watched as electricity left her fingers zapping the wolf charging towards her.

"Where's Damien?" I asked, running over to her and punching a few wolves in the process.

"He's backing up Cole and Fletcher. We need to get Cassandra to a safe place where she can have her pups." Serenity looked behind me and a puff of fire shot out of her palm. I turned back to find a singed witch. Looking back at her I placed my hands on her cheeks and pressed our lips together. I reveled in the feeling of my mates lips wanting to have something to remind me of what I was fighting for.

"Stay safe out there, and link me if there's any problems. I'm going to go help Damien and send Cole and Fletcher to help Cassandra deliver. I love you." I released her and stepped back. I looked her over once more before gritting my teeth and taking off in a sprint towards Damien's scent.

"I love you too!" Serenity yelled after me. I smiled to myself and pushed harder letting my wolf take control. Shifting into my large black wolf I sprint to help my family.

Serenity

I zap another witch as I run into the meeting chambers entrance. Thankfully they hadn't made it this far yet but who knows how long it will be before they get this far. The front doors burst open revealing Fletcher and Cole.

"Where's Cassandra?" Cole bellowed stalking towards me. I glared up at him, he may be Savannah's mate but that doesn't mean I have to obey him.

"First, don't try to use that alpha tone on me. Second, the twins are preparing to transport her. We need your help protecting her-" I stopped mid sentence as heavy footsteps came from behind me. Turning I find Savannah, leading the twins and Cassandra down the stairs.

"How does it look outside?" Josiah demanded.

"We cleared the way, we should be able to make it to the bunker if we go behind the building." Fletcher confirmed wiping a bead of blood from his eyebrow.

"Savanah  you take the front, Serenity you'll be back here with Cassandra. Fletcher and Cole keep them from getting too close." Josiah fired out orders as he transferred Cassandra from his arms to his brothers. We all nodded and prepared ourselves. I wasn't worried, I trusted the people around me. I've seen first hand how strong Savannah is.

I watched Cole and Fletcher shift into a copper wolf and a brown wolf, both with stunning white marks on their muzzles.

"Pack trait." Cassandra tried to joke, I gave her a sad smile. She must be terrified.

We all prepared as Savannah sent a shock wave blasting the doors open. Cole and Fletcher flanked us, ripping out the necks of approaching witches and slamming wolves out of our way. I glanced behind us, finding a wolf trying to make a sneak attack. I pressed my palms together and thrust them towards it, a purple light shooting and stopping it in its tracks. We kept moving, the twins staying close to Cassandra.

"Shit!" Josiah growled just as a wolf leaped towards him, he grabbed it by the throat and ripped it's head off, tossing it in the other direction. I cringed, men were always so barbaric.

"Fuck, Jeremiah take Cassandra and keep her safe. Bryan needs help." Josiah cursed under his breath as he took off in the other direction shifting into his wolf in the process.

We kept moving, it felt like this was taking forever to get there but by this point we are coming against fewer witches as most of the wolves were either killed or fighting further away. We finally arrived at the bunker and Savannah held the door open for Jeremiah. Out of the corner of my eye I spot a witch rushing towards us.

"Watch out!" I yell, moving to blast the witch. Before I could Cole rushed in his body blocking the rest of us. I watched...it felt like slow motion as he lept and shot with electricity through his heart. Savannah let out a broken scream hunching over and grabbing her chest. The witch gave her a triumphant look as she sauntered forward. Fletcher ran to Cole and grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and dragged him into the bunker.

Savannah's body began to emit a glowing blue light. She stood, her eyes glowing a bluish white hue, her pupils gone and tears rolling down her cheeks. She let her power come out and grip the witch by her throat. Savannah ripped her head from her body and proceeded to tear her limb from limb. I grabbed Savannah's arm, stopping her from doing any more.

"Come on!" I yank her down into the bunker and shut the doors and lock them. I pull her further in as we make our way to a screaming Cassandra.

"Get these little demons OUT. OF. ME." Cassandra howled in pain. Savannah and I flanked her sides, each of us taking a hand.

"Cassie, you have to breathe." I tried soothing her. She shook her head and blew out a shaky breath.

"I-I need Josiah here..." She grunted again in pain, her hand gripping mine tighter.

"I know, Love. I've linked him. He's on his way." Jeremiah cooed, brushing back a piece of hair and kissing her forehead. Banging came from the bunker doors, followed by Josiah's irritated 'let me in.' Fletcher rushed to the door throwing them open and yanking Josiah in. Josiah stopped in his tracks and stared at Cole's body, he squeezed his eyes shut and made his way over to where the pack doctor was. Cassandra let out a long grunt catching our attention. Savannah and I switched places with the twins and stepped back as she began to deliver her pups.

"They're girls!" The pack doctor cheered. Three hours and a slew of curses from the twins and Cassandra later the pups were born. Savannah slumped next to me, her body succumbing to the lack of energy. She let out a pained wail at the loss of her mate, the room went silent. The weight of Cole's death was heavy in the air...