Chapter 9: Aofie

Damien and I emerged from the plane to find the Twins loading up their van and another wolf loading up ours. "Afternoon." I greeted walking over to the male. "Good Afternoon, Alpha. Your mate is in the van. I am just loading up the rest of your things." He stated before returning to loading our belongings. Damien and I walked around the van sliding into the backseats. Serenity sat in the middle her arms crossed over her chest and a frown on her face.

'We will have to discuss this with her later. I am not tolerating her sour mood and less than ideal behavior this entire trip.' I linked it to Damien. He glanced over at me and smirked. 'Of course. I'm itching to get my hands on her anyway.' He linked back, his eyes trailing down her body in the process.

About an hour into our ride I had gotten a text message from Cassandra.

Cass: We should be arriving in about five minutes. Is Serenity still upset?

I sighed glancing over at her, she had her face buried in some book about spells that her mother gave her.

Aofie: Yes, she will not speak to me or Damien. What happened this morning?

Cass: She keeps bitching about you and I got tired of hearing it. Why does everyone keep asking me?!

Aofie: Because you are the only one willing to talk about it. Please refrain from upsetting my mate.

Cass: I am sorry Aof, I just do not want to see you hurt again. After Jennifer...

Aofie: I know, I'll have my guard up.

Setting down my phone I risk another glance at Serenity. She looked even angrier if that was even possible. Looks like I will have to limit my time around Cassandra for a bit.

We finally arrived at a large building, it looked more like a castle, but modernized. Large gates were leading up to the house, which is surrounded by neatly trimmed bushes. As we drove up the driveway, I could not help but admire the beautiful landscape. "Who lives here?" I asked turning my attention to Damien. "Some of the twins' relatives, they work for some of the council members." He explained. I nodded turning my attention back to the window gazing out at the landscape.

The mansion was magnificent as we walked into the foyer everything was painted a pristine white with accenting dark wood furniture with grey marbled floors. Crystal chandeliers hung from the ceiling giving the place an even more expensive. "This way." The twins called. Taking a glanced over at Serenity, rather than looking angry she had no expression. I could not tell what she was thinking, and she still had her barriers up keeping us out of her head. Grabbing her bags, I walk forward leaving Damien to walk with her.

20 minutes later we were settled in our room, after a minor argument about having to share a room with us, Serenity eventually calmed down after we offered her the bed. Running my hands through my hair I let out a long groan. Enough is enough, I am putting an end to her attitude right now. Serenity sat on the bad her phone in hand as she scrolled through it paying us no mind. "Damien," I call, he glances up at me from his seat a knowing look on his face. Slipping my t-shirt over my head I stalk towards Serenity. I admired her short silver hair and the freckles that littered her nose, in my eyes, she's perfect. No one could ever replace my mate. 

Without a warning, I remove her phone from her hand and toss it across the room. "What the Hell?" She cursed standing up on the bed and towering over me. She glowered down at me, clearly annoyed that I had begun to mess with her. "Sit down, mate." I growl lowly crossing my arms over my chest. Out of the corner of my eye, I watch Damien walk around the bed behind her removing his shirt in the process and a grin on his lips. "No." She frowned mocking my posture. Grabbing her waist, I hoist her over my shoulder before throwing her down onto the bed. Damien grabbed her arms holding them above her head keeping her in place as she fought to be released. I gripped her chin holding her gaze. "Enough with the attitude. I am not going to deal with a childish mate!" I bark gritting my teeth. "Do we have to tie you to this bed and show you who's in charge?" Damien chuckled sticking his nose into the crook of her neck. He let out a long groan as he inhaled her scent calming his wolf.

"You can't do this!" Serenity screamed as I pressed my weight further into her. "I can, and I will. YOU. ARE. MINE." I growl. Serenity squeaked underneath me as I pressed my lips to hers capturing her lips in a searing kiss. I bring my leg up between her knees parting her legs, my knee coming into contact with her warm covered center. She tasted just as sweet as I remember. Our lips moved in sync as her body slowly began to relax against me and the haze of her arousal began to fill the room. Serenity's hips began to rock on my knee my pants beginning to feel tight at the need to join with her. Flashbacks of my past flooded my head and it took everything in me not to get as far away from her as possible. Releasing her lips, I lick them once more before I leaned back and smirked, wanting to seem as though everything was fine. Sobering up, now was the time to discuss my past, I can't keep this from her any longer. "We need to have a discussion," I announce as Damien released her arms pressing a firm kiss to her lips. "About what?" she asked her body beginning to tense once again. "My past."

Serenity was seated on the bed with Damien and I across from her in the armchairs we pulled up. "I know...I have been a bit distant." I start nervousness slowly starting to fill my veins. "Honestly, I did not want to come on this trip, for several reasons. But the main has been a woman from my past. Her name was Jennifer." Serenity's eyes grew wide jealousy and a hint of sadness swimming in them. 

"She was part of the pack before the incident. I trusted her as I grew up with her and trained with her and the twins. She was actually like a sister to me, although she was a good two years older than me. We got along well and treated each other like family, even though I was an orphan. One day, after I turned 17 we were training in the field everything was how it usually was. She beat me and overpowered me as usual." I stopped and took a breath, was I ready to tell her all of this?

"After we finished training she led me over to one of the empty pack houses, saying that she had something to tell me that she did not want the others to hear. At the time I was thinking that one of the pushy male wolves had done something to her...but I was wrong. She led us into one of the empty cabins that were at the furthest part of the pack lands, and we had sex." I paused waiting for her reaction. I kept my gaze on my clenched fists the anger and fear creeping over me.

A warm hand touched my knee and I relaxed. I glanced up at Serenity through tears, her face was soft, and eyes filled with unshed tears and sadness. "I wasn't ready!" I growled pulling her into my lap and pressing my nose into the crook of her neck. "She took me against my will, I wanted to save myself for my mate. FOR YOU!" I sobbed into her while her arms circled my shoulders and her fingers releasing my hair from its bun and running her fingers through my long locks. She cooed at me pulling me closer into her as I released my years of pain and sorrow. "I am so sorry baby...I did not know...goddess if I had know..." Serenity spoke through tears. 

For the next hour we lay in each others arms, Damien leading us to bed and settling himself behind her running soothing fingers up and down her arms. Serenity watched me closely, her eyes never leaving mine as we whispered sweet nothings to each other. This was what I needed most from my mate, although I am unsure of when I will be able to sleep with her, right this moment was all I needed.